Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I don't know why people think Harper had no chance with the third.

Seriously? It dropped perfectly in the top corner; Cleverley couldn't have placed it any more perfectly if he had a hundred more attempts. Hence why most including Ferguson thought it was probably a cross.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know why people think Harper had no chance with the third.

Seriously? It dropped perfectly in the top corner; Cleverley couldn't have placed it any more perfectly if he had a hundred more attempts. Hence why most including Ferguson thought it was probably a cross.

It was from 30 yards, looping, no real pace and Harper saw it the whole way. He had time to adjust and save it imo.

Harper was ok for the first 2 but the 3rd seemed to hang for about 10 minutes. That dribble into Welbeck annoyed me more though.

I reckon Krul would have had a good chance with the first. Harper just looks so unconvincing. Rooney hit a freekick about mid height in the goal and Harper just about pushed it around the post. Limp wristed and no conviction. Can't be filling the back four with much confidence. And vice versa.

Need Krul and our first choice CBs back ASAP if we want to take anything against the mackems.

That dribble. Fucking hell.

People have bizarre expectations to expect any keeper to save the 3rd tbh.

Harper almost got a hand to it.

Harper is slow, and not very tall.

Therefore, it is not beyond expectations that a taller, faster goalkeeper (most premier league keepers), would have a good chance of saving it.

:lol:

Maybe if Warwick Davis was in net then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but I reckon the vast majority of PL 'first choice' keepers would have saved it. A few of the second choice ones would have too.

Please tell me - will Krul be back for the derby?

Harper was ok for the first 2 but the 3rd seemed to hang for about 10 minutes. That dribble into Welbeck annoyed me more though.

I reckon Krul would have had a good chance with the first. Harper just looks so unconvincing. Rooney hit a freekick about mid height in the goal and Harper just about pushed it around the post. Limp wristed and no conviction. Can't be filling the back four with much confidence. And vice versa.

Need Krul and our first choice CBs back ASAP if we want to take anything against the mackems.

That dribble. f***ing hell.

He did absolutely nothing wrong with the save from the free kick.

Maybe if Warwick Davis was in net then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but I reckon the vast majority of PL 'first choice' keepers would have saved it. A few of the second choice ones would have too.

He has about 2 seconds to change from preparing to intercept a cross on the front foot to backtracking to stop a looping shot from hitting the top corner. Like claiming Cech should've saved Cisse's really. No one would've said owt if Krul was in goal.

Guest firetotheworks

He has about 2 seconds to change from preparing to intercept a cross on the front foot to backtracking to stop a looping shot from hitting the top corner. Like claiming Cech should've saved Cisse's really. No one would've said owt if Krul was in goal.

The point is that Harper was in goal and people are saying things about it. There's a reason for it being said.

The point is that Harper was in goal and people are saying things about it. There's a reason for it being said.

Yes which im suggesting is due to a bias against Harper, rather than him actually being at fault for that goal.

Guest neesy111

I've just watched it again, he definitely should have saved it like. :lol:

This.

The ball wasn't even hit hard, it was floated in.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes which im suggesting is due to a bias against Harper, rather than him actually being at fault for that goal.

Not at all in my case. Id say the same with any keeper. I don't think he was at all at fault for anything else either btw (stupid dribbling aside) and although I think he's past it, I don't think his form has been too bad this season.