Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Timewasting like a motherfucker all the time from about 20 minutes onwards. Ref did fuck all about it n all, pathetic all round.

So pathetic that it's probably earned us the point. 5 more minutes and they win the game.

Don't mind after we go a man down but in the first half? Fuck that, not even Stoke are that bad.

Can't say I noticed it in the first half but it was certainly justified in the second half.

• 3 weeks later...

Krul is an excellent keeper, he's shot to pieces at the minute.

Absolutely. He didn't have a great game but when the pressure is constantly on, and when the weather's like that, you can forgive him a slip up here and there. He got no help from any of the ten people in front of him today. I actually said "well in" when he rushed out just before the first goal; what happened afterwards was just a comedy of errors and Krul was unfortunate.

Krul is an excellent keeper, he's shot to pieces at the minute.

Absolutely. He didn't have a great game but when the pressure is constantly on, and when the weather's like that, you can forgive him a slip up here and there. He got no help from any of the ten people in front of him today. I actually said "well in" when he rushed out just before the first goal; what happened afterwards was just a comedy of errors and Krul was unfortunate.

He should have put that in Row Z mind.

Guest firetotheworks

His shot stopping is pretty good, his command of crosses is generally good, but his kicking is terrible. His form is shaky at the moment as well. Seriously needs to stop booting it.

For the first goal, it was his decision-making rather than his kicking technique that was at fault. He should have hit the ball into the stands.

The second was the sort of spill that even the best keeper will occasionally make. Overall, his shot-stopping was up to its usual good standard.

If you delivered a high ball as perfectly as possible towards Ba and Cisse, they would still only win it maybe 30% of the time against most CBs. They're just not very good at it.

It's the decision to hoof it that's the problem, not the technique.

Regardless of the first point, his kicking is still poor. His kicks often don't even reach as far as Ba and Cisse.

Really needs to improve on his kicking.

His distribution is f***ing awful. If I was Pardew I'd fine him every time he boots it long (other than a GK). Have him releasing the ball quickly to either Santon, Coloccini or Simpson.

I suspect the decision to boot it long actually comes from Pardew

Nobody is saying that he's shit. His overall game is good but his major weakness is without a doubt his kicking. Not so much of hoofing (tactical or not) nor distance (a fair few direct launches resulting in goals) but rather when he is 'passing' (directional). We've seen him kick the ball to touch, to an opponent or fail to find a teammate leading to opposition pressure. No idea about his long throws but it could be an alternative to releasing the ball early to the flanks for a counter-attack.

Guest neesy111

One of the reasons for that is that he's got to clueless defenders in front of him who have no idea how to move with the ball so they repeatedly play it back to him. bound to have one or two shit kicks out of each 20+ he takes every game.

It's a shit kick every time tbh.

Guest icemanblue

One of the reasons for that is that he's got to clueless defenders in front of him who have no idea how to move with the ball so they repeatedly play it back to him. bound to have one or two shit kicks out of each 20+ he takes every game.

It's a shit kick every time tbh.

No, it isn't.

Not every time, that's a gross exaggeration. :lol:

We have however seen him send goal kicks straight out of touch (inexcusable) or to an opponent under no pressure more than he should, then hold up his hands to acknowledge his errors.