Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest bimpy474

Given was good but Krul is far better, always hated Given slowness off his line now and again......remember one against Bolton that had me tearing my hair out.

Anyone on here seen a better goalkeeper playing for Newcastle ?  I haven't.

Nope. I'd say McFaul and Given are the best we've had, but Tim is their equal at least. Given his age, we can expect him to surpass them.

Guest bimpy474

When Lukaku flicked that one in from an offside position, had Krul stopped playing or did he actually let the ball through his legs?

He missed it mate, but he did that because he thought Lukaku was going to get a touch.

Had to be offside, 100%.

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't disputing the offside call - just thought it was an un-Krul like mistake to make.  So I wasn't sure if he had stopped playing.

Ahhh i see, sorry ;) , didn't think it was a mistake myself mate. He had to wait for what Lukaku was going to do, then had no time to react...imo.

Given is still top of the tree in my lifetime at least. The number of points he earned us was quite astonishing, possibly saving us from near relegation a few times. love Tim Krul, top class keeper, a few more consistent seasons and he will no doubt jump ahead of Given in my eyes.

Wish his distribution was better. When it comes to goalkeeping he's up there with the very best in the league. Rarely gives cheap goals away. You can't say the same for Hart or Vorm.

:thup: which is why i prefer him to Hart and the likes he's a safe GK he rarely makes errors he comes from the Van der Sar or Buffon school of goalkeeping rather than the Casillas school of goalkeeping like Hart does.

His distribution is shite mind :lol:

Good to have him back. Very good game today.

I disagree, if he had commanded his box better Suarez wouldn't have scored.

And yet he still made 6 saves. It was a very good game from Krul. We likely lose this game with Harper in goal.

And perhaps, despite this being blasphemous to say, Suarez just so happened to score a very good goal on his own, without Colo or Krul necessarily failing.

Timewasting like a motherfucker all the time from about 20 minutes onwards. Ref did fuck all about it n all, pathetic all round.

So pathetic that it's probably earned us the point. 5 more minutes and they win the game.

Good to have him back. Very good game today.

I disagree, if he had commanded his box better Suarez wouldn't have scored.

And yet he still made 6 saves. It was a very good game from Krul. We likely lose this game with Harper in goal.

And perhaps, despite this being blasphemous to say, Suarez just so happened to score a very good goal on his own, without Colo or Krul necessarily failing.

He did make saves, and a couple of good ones. I just think he could have done a bit better for the goal.

Timewasting like a motherfucker all the time from about 20 minutes onwards. Ref did fuck all about it n all, pathetic all round.

So pathetic that it's probably earned us the point. 5 more minutes and they win the game.

Don't mind after we go a man down but in the first half? Fuck that, not even Stoke are that bad.