Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Simple fact he's better than Harper and Elliot. Can't see him coming as a reserve though.

Find it quite odd he's not been picked up. Clearly a talented keeper, surely someone would take a gamble on pay as you play/1yr deal unless he's ideas above his station.

Lloris will poke his eye in training and Cudicini will stub his toe, meaning Spurs will sign him.

Linked to us in our press, although the source seems to be some s*** rumor website and I just can't see us going after him due to his distribution.

First thing that greeted me when I came in to work were questions about this, so it must have made it to somewhere like TalkSport or Twitter.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/09/17/barcelona-set-sights-on-newcastle-united-keeper-tim-krul/

Italian source TuttoMercato reports that Barcelona have set their sights on Newcastle United keeper Tim Krul as Nou Camp boss Tito Vilanova looks to bring in an able back-up to keep first choice custodian Victor Valdes on his toes.

Them italians at it again :huff:

TBF, he could push Valdes out of their team.

He wouldn't push Valdes out but i certainly rate Krul over Valdes, i've always thought Valdes is overrated and would get found out in a poor side, his distribution and his actual footballing ability are the reasons why he has stayed in goal for Barca as he does suit their style.

He wouldn't push Valdes out but i certainly rate Krul over Valdes, i've always thought Valdes is overrated and would get found out in a poor side, his distribution and his actual footballing ability are the reasons why he has stayed in goal for Barca as he does suit their style.

That's pretty much it, really. Valdés' strengths are so tailored to our play style it's ridiculous. Apart from his distribution, his main virtue is one-to-ones, which is our main defensive weakness as we play with such a high defensive line.

That's pretty much it, really. Valdés' strengths are so tailored to our play style it's ridiculous. Apart from his distribution, his main virtue is one-to-ones, which is our main defensive weakness as we play with such a high defensive line.

I reckon a class GK is a class GK anywhere. Barcelona should be in for someone like Neuer imo, and the confidence he would give the back line would be far superior to Valdes' skills.

I reckon a class GK is a class GK anywhere. Barcelona should be in for someone like Neuer imo, and the confidence he would give the back line would be far superior to Valdes' skills.

He has a habit of playing pretty far out as well which would help dealing with through balls and those trying to expose the space behind their defensive line.

Plus he's fucking frightening in that typical German way.

He has a habit of playing pretty far out as well which would help dealing with through balls and those trying to expose the space behind their defensive line.

Plus he's f***ing frightening in that typical German way.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/Manuel_Neuer,_Germany_national_football_team_(01).jpg/200px-Manuel_Neuer,_Germany_national_football_team_(01).jpg

Yeah.

Can't see Bayern wanting rid, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Tiote is a more important player for us in that he is better to dominate a midfield and is better to control the tempo in a game. Cabaye is needed for his offensive play and is, on his day, a very good footballer. But when is the main star in a team I think he struggles.

I think Tiote is a more important player for us in that he is better to dominate a midfield and is better to control the tempo in a game. Cabaye is needed for his offensive play and is, on his day, a very good footballer. But when is the main star in a team I think he struggles.

Krul is a better goalkeeper than him though.