Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Good player but with Elliot coming in he won't be missed. He hasn't been as crucial as he was when we finished 5th.

What a load of s****, Elliott is several levels below him.

Aye - I would say Elliot is barely Championship level.

Rob Elliot obviously isn't up to Krul's level but I can't remember him having any Alnwick-style shockers so things shouldn't get quite as desperate as last year.

Small bonus that we can at least expect some better distribution.

Rob Elliot obviously isn't up to Krul's level but I can't remember him having any Alnwick-style shockers so things shouldn't get quite as desperate as last year.

aye.

He's okay to fill in for a few games but if he's in for the rest of the season I expect we'll see a few gaffes. If Darlow's got anything about him he should be given a few games to see if he can step up.

In the league Rob Elliot has conceded 32 goals in 15 games, keeping 1 clean sheet against West Ham in 2013. Presided, in goal, over the 6-0 at Liverpool, 4-0 to Man City, 4-0 against Man U, 3-0 to Mackems in 12/13 and a 4-0 to Southampton in 2014.

Would rather Woodman or Woolston.

In the league Rob Elliot has conceded 32 goals in 15 games, keeping 1 clean sheet against West Ham in 2013. Presided, in goal, over the 6-0 at Liverpool, 4-0 to Man City, 4-0 against Man U, 3-0 to Mackems in 12/13 and a 4-0 to Southampton in 2014.

About the same ratio as the 15 in 8 Krul has shipped this season tbf.

About the same ratio as the 15 in 8 Krul has shipped this season tbf.

Very true. Which is all the more worrying if we're to believe Elliot is worse than Krul (which I do). Also I'd say Krul has stagnated and somewhat regressed over the past couple of years, though that could be due to a few external factors; management, coaching, defense, injuries.