Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Actually back then it was £145,000.

Just got visions of us circling him, kicking his knees then doing that sucking in of breath mechanics do "Hmmmmm I'll take him off you're hands but I'm doing you a favour."

Been poor all season, but put in a great shift today.

Disagree about him being poor all season

Had a few poor games but he has been slowly getting back to his former self, understandable given his injuries.

Actually back then it was £145,000.

Just got visions of us circling him, kicking his knees then doing that sucking in of breath mechanics do "Hmmmmm I'll take him off you're hands but I'm doing you a favour."

As one would a car tyre to check if it's fully inflated, even though you can't tell. :lol:

Krul was the main reason we got a result yesterday - some of his saves were fantastic, the one where the deflection wrong-footed him but he recovered enough to push it away was in the Banks class.

Surprisingly enough, his kicking was below par with the ball often ending up out of play and a throw to Spurs but he more than made up for it on the day. Adding to his worth all the time and he will be one of about 4 or 5 players Ashley will be rubbing his hands about as their value increases.

We will miss him when he eventually goes - Brian Clough justified his record fee for Shilton by saying a good keeper is worth 10 points a season. To a club in our situation that could be the difference between PL football and the Championship.

Krul was the main reason we got a result yesterday - some of his saves were fantastic, the one where the deflection wrong-footed him but he recovered enough to push it away was in the Banks class.

Surprisingly enough, his kicking was below par with the ball often ending up out of play and a throw to Spurs but he more than made up for it on the day. Adding to his worth all the time and he will be one of about 4 or 5 players Ashley will be rubbing his hands about as their value increases.

We will miss him when he eventually goes - Brian Clough justified his record fee for Shilton by saying a good keeper is worth 10 points a season. To a club in our situation that could be the difference between PL football and the Championship.

:giggs:

I hope this isn't his last season with us  :sad:

No reason it should be.

Can everyone please stop saying stuff like this about all our good players?

It puts the shitters in me when I read the press, everybody full of praise, and Pardew naming him the best keeper in the league.

I don't think I've fully recovered from the sale of Andy Cole. I was sent home from school because I was distraught.