Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

So how many do we think might go this Summer?

Krul

Debuchy

Colo

Remy

Shola

Gosling

Ben Arfa

Obertan

Marveaux

Santon

Taylor

MYM

That's 12 and we are already 2-3 short in numbers.  Are we really going to recruit that many players as there are not enough in the reserves ready to step up?

I can't imagine they would let 3 centre halves go so I would think one of them at least would end up staying.  And they may try switching Santon to right back if Debuchy goes.

Surely they will have to recruit some domestic players as well as they can't buy that number of foreign players who will all need time to adapt to the league.

They will have to start bringing players in early instead of their usual games of brinkmanship in the hope of knocking a fiver off the price.  It is ridiculous that they have allowed this situation to arise - where we will be buying as a matter of urgency and desperation and sellers will try to take advantage of that instead of just buying one or two to freshen up the squad.

Would like him to stay but not majorly fussed if he does leave and we get a decent replacement.

Been completely average this season. His shot stopping is great but his distribution/kicking and his command of area is really poor imo.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/375566/EXCLUSIVE-Newcastle-goalkeeper-Tim-Krul-considering-summer-exit-from-St-James-Park

Also in the Star:

"He is also missing European football and believes he may need a bigger stage to further his international ambitions.

A source close to the keeper said: "Tim enjoys playing for Newcastle but at the same time, he wants to win trophies and play at the highest level."

Fancy a player wanting to win trophies and play in Europe.

"Though he has been the club's undisputed No.1 for the past three years, Pardew admitted recently that his understudy Rob Elliot is ready for regular first team football."

I hope he means at another club and not for us.

Once Shola, Taylor and Krul go, are there any players left who actually care about the club?  I am not saying that Shola and Taylor should stay - just that it is sad that there will be no player with any affinity to the club.

Once Shola, Taylor and Krul go, are there any players left who actually care about the club?  I am not saying that Shola and Taylor should stay - just that it is sad that there will be no player with any affinity to the club.

If Shola cared about the club he would have left over a decade ago.

You can hardly blame any player in this team for not performing to their best, like. What's the fucking point? Would you be inspired each week to raise your game above everyone else, including your employers, for literally no fucking reason?

I like Krul, he's a good keeper and will only get better in the right circumstances. They're certainly not here at this moment in time though. I'd be very disappointed if he leaves, he actually cares and has formed a bond with the city and club which enamours him to me. It also helps that he's good. He's certainly not one I'd want to offload.

Think we'd be unlikely to replace him with a better keeper. He may have had a very average season but so did Cabaye last year. Didn't mean he was sh*te, just that he'd had a below par season. Same with Krul.

"He is also missing European football and believes he may need a bigger stage to further his international ambitions.

A source close to the keeper said: "Tim enjoys playing for Newcastle but at the same time, he wants to win trophies and play at the highest level."

Why does he not want to stay and help us win 8th?  :(

"Though he has been the club's undisputed No.1 for the past three years, Pardew admitted recently that his understudy Rob Elliot is ready for regular first team football."

Wot

Wot
Reward for the ambush no doubt

He's a valuable player, stands to reason that Pardew wants him shifted as his contract stipulates. Best to cash in sooner rather than later to improve that balance sheet, that's the priority.

Guest chopey

The way things are panning out we will be down by Christmas with pardew bum lickers Elliott in goal and gosling pulling the strings in midfield