Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Ok, hypothetically if I wanted to get a shirt with bobby/robson on the back, what number would be appropriate?

What about :

Sir Bobby

1933-2009

Legend

Ask for the little numbers they put on the shorts .

Would be better if the club (or any of his other clubs) could put together an official shirt and give the proceeds to the SBR charity. 

Agree.

Anyway, unimportant.

Just got home, so it's my first time of seeing all the SSN tribute stuff. Mega :(

Ok, hypothetically if I wanted to get a shirt with bobby/robson on the back, what number would be appropriate?

What about :

Sir Bobby

1933-2009

Legend

Would be better if the club (or any of his other clubs) could put together an official shirt and give the proceeds to the SBR charity.

It's a cracking idea but I don't think it'll ever happen. A small % may go to the charity, but the club still relies on merchandising for a lot of its revenue. Just not practical sadly, although I would love to be proved wrong.

Guest hobshobs

A true gent.

Condolences to all Geordies from Liverpool.

Would have loved to see him lift that World Cup in 1990, great memories of a great man.

Thanks. Appreciated.

What about :

Sir Bobby

1933-2009

Legend

I'd definitely buy one (or more) of those shirts.... no matter what they cost!

The word "legend" is too easily and often used in football.  Sir Bobby Robson was one person who "legend" doesn't really adequately describe.  He was a colossus in the game and, having had the honour and privilege of meeting  him three times at WHL after matches, he was also one of the nicest people anyone could wish to meet. 

A sad day, not just for Newcastle or Ipswich, but for football in general. 

RIP SBR.

Corking piece of audio played on Talksport earlier this afternoon.

Can't remember it word for word but basically it was along the lines of:

This place is a special club, and a special city; it's a one-club city. And when you're on the touchline you get used to the view from there. But if you go fifty rows back and you see the passion and the anger of the 52,000 fans, well I always thought if the players could go back there and see what it means to these people you'd think we wouldn't lose many games at St James' Park.

Brilliant stuff it was.

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~1739693,00.html

Club's Sir Bobby tribute

Posted on: Fri 31 Jul 2009

ALBION will honour the life and career of Sir Bobby Robson during Saturday week's visit of Newcastle United (ko 5.30pm).

A memorial minute will be held before the opening game of the Coca-Cola Championship campaign against the club Sir Bobby managed from 1999 to 2004.

The matchday programme will feature a full tribute to the player who served the Baggies between 1956 and 1962, making 257 appearances, scoring 61 goals and breaking into the England team.

The main club flag at The Hawthorns is flying at half-mast as a mark of respect to Sir Bobby while the players will wear black armbands during tomorrow's final pre-season friendly at home to Chievo (ko 3pm).

Sir Bobby passed away this morning, aged 76, following a long and courageous battle with cancer.

What about :

Sir Bobby

1933-2009

Legend

It's a cracking idea but I don't think it'll ever happen. A small % may go to the charity, but the club still relies on merchandising for a lot of its revenue. Just not practical sadly, although I would love to be proved wrong.

The FA could afford to do something similar perhaps.  A lot of people saw what he went through in the last couple of years and how hard he fought, I think you could raise a lot of money across the UK and even internationally.

It's awful that we have to play West Brom in that monstrosity of a piss and custard strip. Would be nice to have the black and white

So amazingly irrelevant.

I know it is but just the thought's of it :icon_puke_r: