Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Bye, Bobby - and thanks

He'll be up there managing the old greats like Duncan Edwards, Bobby Moore, Jackie Milburn etc.

More reason to hate the sh*ts that brough him so much grief at NUFC - Dyer, Bellamy, Jenas.

Like I said to Haz, Dyer has apologised for his behaviour. Whether you think it's genuine or not is up to you.

"When I think about it, I feel like I betrayed Bobby. That's the worst thing about it," Dyer told the Independent. He treated me like a son and I let him down. I must take some responsibility for him getting the sack. I regret letting him down so much."

"When I think about how I let Bobby down, it's the biggest disappointment of my career I'd spent the previous season playing out of position - filling in wherever there was a gap, it always seemed it was me who did everyone a favour," added Dyer.

"Bobby knew I was frustrated but I should have just played that game. He stuck by me through everything and he even tried to defend me after the Boro game. He told the press I had a tight hamstring, he tried to shield me and when I think about that, how I let him down, it's the biggest disappointment of of my career.

"I'll have to live with that feeling for the rest of my life."

Bye, Bobby - and thanks

He'll be up there managing the old greats like Duncan Edwards, Bobby Moore, Jackie Milburn etc.

More reason to hate the sh*ts that brough him so much grief at NUFC - Dyer, Bellamy, Jenas.

Like I said to Haz, Dyer has apologised for his behaviour. Whether you think it's genuine or not is up to you.

"When I think about it, I feel like I betrayed Bobby. That's the worst thing about it," Dyer told the Independent. He treated me like a son and I let him down. I must take some responsibility for him getting the sack. I regret letting him down so much."

"When I think about how I let Bobby down, it's the biggest disappointment of my career I'd spent the previous season playing out of position - filling in wherever there was a gap, it always seemed it was me who did everyone a favour," added Dyer.

"Bobby knew I was frustrated but I should have just played that game. He stuck by me through everything and he even tried to defend me after the Boro game. He told the press I had a tight hamstring, he tried to shield me and when I think about that, how I let him down, it's the biggest disappointment of of my career.

"I'll have to live with that feeling for the rest of my life."

Apparently in tears during the minute's silence too.

Guest Phil K

How many times did he "apologize" to Bobby and the fans then go straight back to his old ways ?

I wouldn't believe that turd if he said day would follow night.

A real enthusiast who put heart and soul into the job. We didn't know what we had until it had gone.

Sad that he ended up with a kick in the teeth for all his trouble, but no-one can take away the memories. He was the best manager we've had.

I love the way he twinkled when he smiled, and even though he was obviously gravely ill last Sunday there was a moment at the end of Nessun Dorma when his tired face smiled and twinkled and it was fantastic.

I'm glad he finally got to see how much we loved him. RIP Sir x

Guest Phil K

Sad that he ended up with a kick in the teeth for all his trouble, but no-one can take away the memories. He was the best manager we've had.

I just wish we had him before he went to Barca.

Some fantastic tributes. Sunday was the perfect way to go out, at SJP with Shearer scoring the winner for him, like so many times when he was in charge.

Sad news, thank you so much Sir Bobby for everything you did for our football club. I guess this day was coming but still a shock and very sad when it finally arrived.

RIP Sir Bobby

The day i will remember the most will probably be the day you got sacked, not only because it was undeserved and unfair against you but because of the emotions you showed that day towards the club, the fact that you really got hurt and that you really were a great man who loved this club more than anyone could imagine.

You are and will forever be a true legend of this football club.

RIP

Thanks for everything but especially that game at Feyenoord. What a night.

We'll all miss you Sir Bobby.

Without a single doubt my own finest moment supporting NUFC. 

The game last Sunday was probably the very reason he lasted this long.

A crying shame what Ashley has done to his Club.

At peace now though.

Watched and re-watched that documentary with Gary Lineker that was on BB2 a few year back in the day.

He's an amazing bloke, simply nicest person you could meet and knew everything about football.  A true gent, and a true Geordie legend.  

I'm just glad he made the match last Sunday, you could see how much it meant to him and how much we love him.

RIP Bobby.  

Guest sicko2ndbest

Last update in Sir Bobby's Charity Website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW !!!! What a fantastic reception I received at St James' Park on Sunday 26th July. It was one of the best night's of my life and I cant believe how many people turned up to support me and my charity. The atmosphere was amazing and the England win, thank goodness, was well deserved !!! I would personally like to to take this opportunity to thank everyone who bought a ticket for the football match or indeed anyone who has made a donation to my charity. As I keep saying, "every penny counts".

I thought the fans were really respectful when the German national anthem was played and they gave the german team a well deserved ovation at the end of the game, so I thank them for that. I thought it was a very competitive match and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. After all, it was all about having fun and raising money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

I would like to personally thank Lester Holcombe and Ciaran Kennedy of Toast Events for staging this magnificent event in my honour. I would also like to thank ITV for the wonderful programme they produced and obviously I could not have done this without the help of Newcastle United and their wonderful staff. Every player and celebrity who was involved in yesterday's match has my absolute gratitude because without them agreeing to take part it would never have happened.

I have to say that the people of the North East "did me proud", so thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.

I will let you know in due course how much the match has raised for the charity and I will keep you posted of any future charity events taking place.

Thank you for your support.

Sir Bobby Robson CBE

Watched and re-watched that documentary with Gary Lineker that was on BB2 a few year back in the day.

was that the 'just call me bobby' one?

i remember a great bit in that with sir bobby enthusing about the quality of the wood used for the door frames :)