Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Guest dover

Just heard, farewell sir bobby, a true giant of the game. A gentleman till the end will be sadly missed, thanks for everything rest in peace.

A quote from Keiron Dyer

"At the minutes silence it did overwhelm me. I am just going to look at all the great memories he brought to my life and all the special bits, like in team talks when he used to call me Kevin because he would forget names."

Typical Sir Bobby :D

A quote from Keiron Dyer

"At the minutes silence it did overwhelm me. I am just going to look at all the great memories he brought to my life and all the special bits, like in team talks when he used to call me Kevin because he would forget names."

Typical Sir Bobby :D

Like calling Shola Carl Cort  ;D. Bless the man's soul, i'll miss him...

I can't think of any public figure that conducted themselves with so much dignity.  All his big successes, the defeats like the World Cup Semi and even in the end this horrible illness.  Everything was done with pride, and with class.  I've never felt prouder to support this team than when he was standing on the touchline. 

You just knew that he cared deeply about every person he managed, everyone that supported him, every community he was involved in.  We'll miss you Bobby.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/f7/a8/0,,10278~3582199,00.jpg

Guest Brewcastle

Don't know who did it or if it has been posted, but this is an excellent tribute video:

Very good! Got tears in my eyes...

God Bless, Sir Bobby you will be missed.

The fact he must have really been holding on for last Sunday makes it so poignant, typical of the man putting on a brave face and fighting til the end.

May you rest in peace, where the pain of Cancer wont touch you any more.

P.S. That is a cracking picture Oakie. And yes Oakie the mackems are Cunts.

i went to st james on my dinner break from work, tied a small a4 size banner to the rails @ the front of the leazes. that was around 12:30 pm, quite a lot of fans had left flowers, shirts, cards with messages, even sunderland fans.