Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

• 1 month later...

Some fucking cretin defaced the memorial stone in the garden..

Sir Bobby Robson memorial stone defaced

A memorial stone in a garden dedicated to former Newcastle and England manager Sir Bobby Robson has been defaced.

The garden was opened on Gallowgate, in Newcastle, close to St James' Park, in May last year.

Liz Luff, from the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, said on Twitter that the council would be washing the "obscenity" off the stone on Monday.

The garden includes a series of stones featuring images to celebrate Sir Bobby's career.

Of the graffiti, Ms Luff tweeted: "I can't believe someone would do that."

The foundation was set up in 2008 and works with scientists at Newcastle University to help develop cancer treatments.

Sir Bobby died in July 2009 aged 76 after a long battle with cancer.

Boils my fucking piss. Who the fuck would do that? Sad mackem bastards or pissed off Norwich fans?

Some fucking cretin defaced the memorial stone in the garden..

A memorial stone in a garden dedicated to former Newcastle and England manager Sir Bobby Robson has been defaced.

The garden was opened on Gallowgate, in Newcastle, close to St James' Park, in May last year.

Liz Luff, from the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, said on Twitter that the council would be washing the "obscenity" off the stone on Monday.

The garden includes a series of stones featuring images to celebrate Sir Bobby's career.

The foundation was set up in 2008 and works with scientists at Newcastle University to help develop cancer treatments.

Boils my fucking piss. Who the fuck would do that? Sad mackem bastards or pissed off Norwich fans?

Just a coincidence this happens when Ipswich Towns local rivals are in town. Although I'd guess 99.9% of Norwich supporters would be gutted to find one of their own was responsible.

Some f***ing cretin defaced the memorial stone in the garden..

Boils my f***ing p*ss. Who the f*** would do that? Sad mackem bastards or p*ssed off Norwich fans?

Just a coincidence this happens when Ipswich Towns local rivals are in town. Although I'd guess 99.9% of Norwich supporters would be gutted to find one of their own was responsible.

Aye I forgot about that rivalry. Such a sad act though :( at least it's getting cleaned up, and nothing was broken

he surprised if it was norwich. pretty much as harmless as fulham

Not really they hate him because of his Ipswich connection.....

meh, dont think they would do that. how long ago was he at ipswich? 30 years? therefore anyone norwich fan that hated him (more or less) must have been alive and into it then. making them probably around 50 years old minimum. and given it was that long ago and what has happened i would be surprised if they still hated him that much to do this