WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

It's interesting how, because of all this ownership crap and the transfer embargo and whatever else, we've somewhat forgotten that we have a team full of guys that, if not strong EPL quality, are certainly above CCC quality. Whether they have the mentality, guts, and positive attitude to compete in the CCC is another question, but talentwise, we can't forget that guys like Jonas and Duff, Enrique, Carroll, Harper, Saylor, even Smith, we should at least be able to hold our own. What we lack in guts, we should be able to make up with talent to at least stay competitive, if only Hughton can get their minds focused on this and not wishing to be elsewhere.

We used too, it's slowly but surely being dismanteled, we've lost 9 players since the end of last season and replaced them with no one.

harper

r.taylor    s.taylor    coloccini  enrique

jonas  barton    nolan    duff

ameobi  smith.

all depends on if they can be arse really (thats the team i think will play....haven't got a clue what i would choose)

Guest Roger Kint

is there a squad list anywhere ? .com hasn't got one up.

For us? Quick links/players

For them? God knows, try wiki or skysports.com

is there a squad list anywhere ? .com hasn't got one up.

For us? Quick links/players

For them? God knows, try wiki or skysports.com

i mean the actual squad thats travelled to the game.

harper

r.taylor    s.taylor    coloccini  enrique

jonas   barton    nolan    duff

ameobi   smith.

all depends on if they can be arse really (thats the team i think will play....haven't got a clue what i would choose)

There really isn't any excuse as far as motivation is concerned. All the bad eggs who were supposed to be bad for team harmony have been sold off. N'Zogbia, Martins, Bassong and Beye, plus Viduka has left. Nolan and Ryan Taylor have been stressing how good the team spirit is with the players who are left, so there's no reason for them not to deliver tomorrow.

Think we'll sneak a 1-1, just with a Barton pen in the last 10 mins or so. Barton is going to be key this season for me, because he is the only player out of this current bunch, who is truly below his station in the Championship. He may be a reckless idiot but he is a good footballer, and i can really see him running the show this season.

Guest MrSundlofer

The team will be:

Harper - Enrique, S.Taylor, Coloccini, R.Taylor - Duff, Smith, Barton, Jonás - Nolan - Carroll.

Jonas must think "Beye to Villa, Owen to Manchester United and Martins to Wolfsburg, and i played better then all of them, wtf"

Debatable like. Put more effort in at times, yes.

Bet Jonás is pissed that he's still here...

If he's good enough he'll get offers from other clubs and leave. If not I'm sure he's getting well paid to play in this division, he's not doing it for charity.