WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

There's no way I'd picking that fat knacker Nolan like, especially not off a front man. To what end exactly?

He's not Shola/he's played that role before for Bolton and scored a few. That's it, really.

Strange that this was a banker for us last year and now its perhaps our hardest match. I think itll be a narrow defeat, maybe 3-2.

Harper

Raylor    Saylor    Kadar    Enrique

Jonas    Butt        Barton    Duff

Nolan

Carroll

BENCH: Krul, Tozer, Guthrie, Lua Lua, Ameobi, Ranger, Ferguson

.....not THAT bad of a starting XI to be fair

There's no way I'd picking that fat knacker Nolan like, especially not off a front man. To what end exactly?

He's not Shola/he's played that role before for Bolton and scored a few. That's it, really.

over 3 years ago aye. Nolan should be in midfield or not there at all, preferably the latter.

As for Coloccini, he's done ok in pre-season. By no means the pick of the bunch in terms of poor effort

Strange that this was a banker for us last year and now its perhaps our hardest match. I think itll be a narrow defeat, maybe 3-2.

Harper

Raylor    Saylor     Kadar     Enrique

Jonas     Butt        Barton     Duff

Nolan

Carroll

Butt (thank fuck) is injured. And playing him ahead of Guthrie, did you blink and miss last season?

over 3 years ago aye. Nolan should be in midfield or not there at all, preferably the latter.

As for Coloccini, he's done ok in pre-season. By no means the pick of the bunch in terms of poor effort

He's fucking toss and i'd rather fuck off anyone who's desperate to leave and, most likely, will do anyway. What's the point - especially if they're rubbish? As for Nolan, meh. I just feel there is absolutely no chance of us scoring, let alone winning, with a Shola/Carroll combination. (Don't mention Smith).

I haven't seen any pre-season so i'm not really in a position to judge. I know for sure, however, that Coloccini is terrible, doesn't care about the club and wants to leave. (No, i haven't spoken to him, etc etc etc - it's just pretty damn obvious).

I just see absolutely no point playing the likes of him or Jonas. I'd rather just leave them out and give players - the ones who are actually going to be playing for us for the most part of this season - a chance.

Harper

Raylor    Saylor     Kadar     Enrique

Jonas     Butt        Barton     Duff

Nolan

Carroll

Butt (thank fuck) is injured. And playing him ahead of Guthrie, did you blink and miss last season?

ah yeh forgot about the hand injury. and it was just the team i THINK itll be.......for a start i would play kazenga, guthrie and ranger (if he's not too tired from the U19s)

At this rate, Colo and Jonas will be here at least until January

Disagree, if we get concrete offers (which i reckon we will), there'll be no reason to hang onto them - for the same reason we let Martins go.

Guest Alan_Shearer

FFS i wanna get 2 tickets and theres less than 100 left, and the link to the page works but it says its:

"Due to the high volume of activity, we are currently unable to connect you."

At 3a.m? Unlikely...the site is f*cked and it may cost me tickets...

Nolan hasn't scored for a long time and there's even less chance of him scoring if he's being marked up front. The problem with playing him alongside Barton is they are both pretty slow across the pitch so only one should play for me and that's Barton, because he actually has some ability. Nolan is only effective in route one teams like Allardyce's Bolton, where all he has to do is a few fouls  and get on the end of a few goalmouth scrambles.

Guest rinaldo #18

Smith will defo play. I reckon the starting eleven will be

-----------Harper

Raylor-Saylor-Kádár-Enrique

LuaLua-Barton-Smith-Duff

-------------Nolan-------------

-------------Caroll-------------

Jonás has a slim chance of starting but hopefully hughton has noticed that he doesn't give a shit.

-----------Harper

LuaLua-Barton-Smith-Duff

Jonás has a slim chance of starting but hopefully hughton has noticed that he doesn't give a s***.

i'd maybe have guthrie in place of smith, and smith in place of nolan

-----------Harper

LuaLua-Barton-Smith-Duff

Jonás has a slim chance of starting but hopefully hughton has noticed that he doesn't give a s***.

Same for me man.

Has guthrie started/played much pre-season?

-----------Harper

LuaLua-Barton-Smith-Duff

Same for me man.

He was/is injured according to .com

Missing: Beye (injured), Butt (injured), Guthrie (injured), Coloccini (tbc), Ameobi (tbc), Xisco (tbc), Bassong.

I got this awful feeling that Kevin fucking Nolan will be the new Nicky Butt.. always turboshit but undroppable.. god help us

This has crossed my mind too on a couple of occasions. :(

For some reason though.. I can't wait for the season to start.  bluelaugh.gif

I got this awful feeling that Kevin f***ing Nolan will be the new Nicky Butt.. always turboshit but undroppable.. god help us

This has crossed my mind too on a couple of occasions. :(

For some reason though.. I can't wait for the season to start.  bluelaugh.gif

yeah, me too.. In fact, I reckon we'll be alright regardless if there's a new owner or not.. The fact that WBA and Boro are our toughest games speaks volumes..

Can't wait for this game, even though were in for a battering.

Harper

Beye  Taylor Kadar Enrique

Jonas Smith Barton Duff

Nolan

Carroll

Has Guthrie played much preseason? Haven't even heard his name since about Boro at home last season

He was/is injured according to .com

Missing: Beye (injured), Butt (injured), Guthrie (injured), Coloccini (tbc), Ameobi (tbc), Xisco (tbc), Bassong.