WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Guest Alan_Shearer

Pretty sure its sold out now, nothing in the scroll bit, what a sh*t website...........oh well got it on HD to watch so...

Pretty sure its sold out now, nothing in the scroll bit, what a sh*t website...........oh well got it on HD to watch so...

It says on .com that the game is now sold out.

Guest Alan_Shearer

It says on .com that the game is now sold out.

ya, fak it

We've lost one player (Lovenkrands) from the side that beat West Brom 3:2 at their ground last year.  West Brom have lost a good manager and their player of the year, the same player who scored the two goals against us in that game (Fortune).  Unless we lose many more players before Saturday there's no reason to believe they'll demolish us.

Plus our team looked a bit more lifted in that game than they had been all season. Morale is now much lower.

Hopefully playing West Brom will bring back good memories for our players and raise their morale.  We didn't beat many (any other?) teams twice last year so if there's any side we'd have good memories of playing its West Brom.

Can't believe this is on BBC HD as well, fucking class!  I knew it was worth getting that SkyHD box even without any intention of getting an HD subscription :)

We've lost one player (Lovenkrands) from the side that beat West Brom 3:2 at their ground last year.  West Brom have lost a good manager and their player of the year, the same player who scored the two goals against us in that game (Fortune).  Unless we lose many more players before Saturday there's no reason to believe they'll demolish us.

Lovenkrands pace really put the shits up WBA that day, and now both him and Martins are gone, I wouldn't expect us to be anything like as effective on the break this time round. Looking at that team, the cold hard reality is that there is no goals in it. Kevin Nolan up front FFS.

A low scoring draw is the best we can hope for IMO.

Lovenkrands pace really put the shits up WBA that day, and now both him and Martins are gone, I wouldn't expect us to be anything like as effective on the break this time round. Looking at that team, the cold hard reality is that there is no goals in it. Kevin Nolan up front FFS.

A low scoring draw is the best we can hope for IMO.

Lovenkrands had a good game, as did Fortune for them.

Plus our team looked a bit more lifted in that game than they had been all season. Morale is now much lower.

Hopefully playing West Brom will bring back good memories for our players and raise their morale.  We didn't beat many (any other?) teams twice last year so if there's any side we'd have good memories of playing its West Brom.

Can't believe this is on BBC HD as well, fucking class!  I knew it was worth getting that SkyHD box even without any intention of getting an HD subscription :)

Ye, so I can now not only go and see it myself, I can also record it and watch it back glorious HD when I get home. Good times (if it's a positive result!)  :thup:

Big TRon, I agree with your comments mate. Our team now looks slower than Andy Griffin on the turn.

Taken our full allocation of tickets... well done lads great support in such bad times.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

O0

Yep, I can't wait now, not confident. But it's going to be nice to be on the road again Saturday afternoon on the way to see the lads. I'm going to be buzzing in work on Friday.

Great work :clap:

Taken our full allocation of tickets... well done lads great support in such bad times.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

O0

Yep, I can't wait now, not confident. But it's going to be nice to be on the road again Saturday afternoon on the way to the the lads. I'm going to be buzzing in work on Friday.

Hope it's a good journey back too, with everyone in high spirit

Ye, so I can now not only go and see it myself, I can also record it and watch it back glorious HD when I get home. Good times (if it's a positive result!)  :thup:

Big TRon, I agree with your comments mate. Our team now looks slower than Andy Griffin on the turn.

We need an injection of youth up front I reckon. Either stick Nile Ranger or go with Shola. It's not ideal but playing with Nolan up there is going to slow the team to a standstill.

Can't believe this is on BBC HD as well, f***ing class!  I knew it was worth getting that SkyHD box even without any intention of getting an HD subscription :)

We need an injection of youth up front I reckon. Either stick Nile Ranger or go with Shola. It's not ideal but playing with Nolan up there is going to slow the team to a standstill.

yep, Carroll is equally immobile.. Lua Lua, Ranger or even an indifferent Jonas would be a better option than Kevin fucking Nolan

I predict we will give a penalty away

I predict we'll put mostly bad crosses in with no one in the penalty area apart from Carroll (because Fatty Nolan won't be able to get there in time).

I predict we will give a penalty away

I predict we'll put mostly bad crosses in with no one in the penalty area apart from Carroll (because Fatty Nolan won't be able to get there in time).

I predict our coners and indirect fk's wont beat the first man.

------------------Harper

Beye-------Tayl--------Colo--------Jose

Jonas------Barton------Smith-------Duff

-----------Shola---------Carroll

BENCH

Krul

Tozer

Kadar

Taylor

Nolan

LuaLua

Ranger