4) Keegan

5) Coppell

6) Venables

7) OLeary

8) Jewell

9) Dowie

10) Roeder

Top 10 realistic choices in order of preference

1) Shearer - Still think he would come with Ashley staying - if his demands were met

2) Curbishley - Now the DOF has been sent packing, possibly

3) Ketsbaia - Managing a team in the Champions League, probably way off for us at the minute

4) Keegan - I'd like to see Ashley explain that one

5) Coppell - Think I read he was wanting to take a year out

6) Venables - Depends on terms and conditions but a possibility

7) OLeary - Jobs for the boys a definite candidiate

8) Jewell - Has history of leading teams to promotion, time at Derby was disastrous though

9) Dowie - Knows the club but would he be disloyal to Shearer

10) Roeder - Knows the club, could do a decent short term job

All out of work Championship managers would come Dowie, Boothroyd, Coppell etc

Dowie would come as assistant ffs

Heard an interview with Alan Pardew before he got the Southampton job and he said he wouldn't want the Newcastle job with the club in the current state and Shearer in the background.  Might be true of other out of work managers.

Nor including managers in jobs. Or Keegan.

1) Curbishley

2) Coppell

3) Strachan

4) Shearer

5) Jewell

6) Dowie

7) Boothroyd

8) OLeary

9)  :kinnear:

10) Roeder/Wise/Souness/couldnt care less if we get this low

Heard an interview with Alan Pardew before he got the Southampton job and he said he wouldn't want the Newcastle job with the club in the current state and Shearer in the background.  Might be true of other out of work managers.

But he did want to go to Southampton, in their state, in the division below? Nonsense.

People said no manager would touch us last season (that had been in a job in the last 5 years at least) yet one came as assistant.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think Gordan Strachan may actually be a good choice for us

Requirements:

Experience: Tick

Big Club experience: Tick

Mad as a hatter: Tick

I think Gordan Strachan may actually be a good choice for us

Requirements:

Experience: Tick

Big Club experience: Tick

Mad as a hatter: Tick

I agree, he'd be good at this point for us but we have zero structure here so he'd never come

Guest dover

Paul Jewel, Aidy Boothroyd, Ian Dowie, Roy Keane.

Any one of those and weve half a chance. unfortunatley when gazza takes charge of first team affairs were fucked. Still could be worse we could have

PHIL FUCKING SING-ALONG-BROWN :angry: :angry:

Hughton. 

Why the hell would Gordon Strachan want to join a Championship club, under a nationally maligned and incompetent owner who has every intention of leaving at the first financially opportune moment and leaving his position at the mercy of the next owners?

Why would Alan Curbishley want to inherit a massive wage bill, players that want to leave, holes in the squad you could drive a bus through and the pressure that comes from supporters that still inexplicably think we are going to walk this league with the same group of losers that embarrassed us last season?

Jesus Christ, get a grip.  Strachan, Coppell?  This job was career suicide 12 months ago. 

Hughton. 

Why the hell would Gordon Strachan want to join a Championship club, under a nationally maligned and incompetent owner who has every intention of leaving at the first financially opportune moment and leaving his position at the mercy of the next owners?

Why would Alan Curbishley want to inherit a massive wage bill, players that want to leave, holes in the squad you could drive a bus through and the pressure that comes from supporters that still inexplicably think we are going to walk this league with the same group of losers that embarrassed us last season?

Jesus Christ, get a grip.  Strachan, Coppell?  This job was career suicide 12 months ago. 

Coppell would run a mile but Curbishley and Strachan are on the dole. It's not like there's clubs lining up to give them a job....not that I'd want Strachan anyway, he's never really convinced me he's got much about him as a manager.