Radio 5 Live

cp40

can someone summerise the points pls....

Same ones as on here but the fans were MUCH more civil to eachother.

No one knowns anything.

Carver has spoken with Shearer but can't say.

Blame should be handed out to everyone except the supporters.

A couple of pleas to engage the Supporters Trust

A lot of pessimism about our chances of going back up this season

General dismay and bewilderment at Ashley's behaviour especially over the past 9 months

Carver thinks we are going to get promoted, but that it can only be done with permanent leadership. He said the Leeds players stopped playing for him when Bates passed him up as permanent manager adn that experience taught him a lesson.

Shearer's message via Carver?  Anyone care to tell me how that (does) work(s)?

Carver finished by saying that 'as things stand' the club has no chance of going back up. He basically said that they need to make changes and quick.

Carver finished by saying that 'as things stand' the club has no chance of going back up. He basically said that they need to make changes and quick.

And people are assuming that's Shearer's thought and not Carvers?  Interesting.

If Shearer were there saying something then I'd believe to be Shearer's thought, I don't buy any "Shearer talking through Carver" thought processes.

With all due respect to Carver, wasn't he part of Championship relegation campaigns at Luton & Leeds?

Shearer's message via Carver? Anyone care to tell me how that (does) work(s)?

Early on Carver confirmed that he'd had discussions with Shearer about coming back if he were to be appointed, but that he couldn't discuss what had been said. Read into that what you will, but it suggested that his views are aligned with Shearer's. He later went on to slag off the current players and transfer policy.

It's only a theory, but I can certainly believe it.

With all due respect to Carver, wasn't he part of Championship relegation campaigns at Luton & Leeds?

At Leeds he said he lost the players respect due to him not being made a permanent manager. Sounds familiar? :undecided:

can someone summerise the points pls....

Same ones as on here but the fans were MUCH more civil to eachother.

No one knowns anything.

Carver has spoken with Shearer but can't say.

Blame should be handed out to everyone except the supporters.

A couple of pleas to engage the Supporters Trust

A lot of pessimism about our chances of going back up this season

General dismay and bewilderment at Ashley's behaviour especially over the past 9 months

Carver thinks we are going to get promoted, but that it can only be done with permanent leadership. He said the Leeds players stopped playing for him when Bates passed him up as permanent manager adn that experience taught him a lesson.

Thanks Cali Mag

here it is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m30b1/5_live_Sport_Newcastle_United_Special/

A special simulcast with Radio Newcastle in front of a live audience, ahead of Newcastle's first season back in the Championship.

Broadcast on:

BBC Radio 5 live, 7:30pm Wednesday 5th August 2009

Duration:

90 minutes

Available until:

9:02pm Wednesday 12th August 2009

Guest Roger Kint

On reflection, I'm surprised that the club gave this show the go ahead tonight in Shearer's. They must have know the knives would be out?

Unless of course they couldn't give a toss?

Would look great on national radio to hear that the club blocked it though. Plus the £££ would be more than welcome.

On reflection, I'm surprised that the club gave this show the go ahead tonight in Shearer's. They must have know the knives would be out?

They don't give a toss mate.

Aye - I guess. Unless of course they know that their days are numbered. We can only live in hope.

It's a bit like sitting in a Sports Direct Shop having a debate on how shit Lonsdale Sportswear is. Wonder if he would allow that

It's a bit like sitting in a Sports Direct Shop having a debate on how shit Lonsdale Sportswear is. Wonder if he would allow that

I'm going to do that tomorrow.

Aye - I guess. Unless of course they know that their days are numbered. We can only live in hope.

This and Kinnear's 'the reason I didn't get the job.......' today are the only things I'm clinging on to in all honesty.

*conspiracy theory*

Shearer, desperate to get through to the mongs that run the club, tells his BBC mates to do a talk-in at Shearer's for national media that discreetly shows that he would still take the job, and for maybe the mongs in charge to take notice.

*end theory*

This is what it now comes to - stupid theories in my mind about what is going on behind the scenes, b/c we all haven't a clue.  Clubs being sold to Dubai Consort, Americans, Fat Fred, but there is no progress - also, manager could be appointed today, tomorrow or Hughton in charge or Kinnear in charge. Methinks I'm going crazy.  Imagine trying to tell someone the story of the club in the last 2 years in 30 seconds, its like someone's signature about Hurley explaining Lost, bloody hell im f'ng Lost.