The Dole XI

ianovthetoon

Ball, Volz, Pamarot and Jaidi would give us some much needed respite in defense when all our current ones bugger off. That's a whole (very experienced) back four right there. None of the others are realistic/that interesting.

What's going on with Pompey like? They were mad to release Campbell, reckon he and Taylor could be good together. Would take Volz if Beye went.

Campbell was on £105,000 p/w at Pompey. Redknapp's financially crippled them with wages.

Where'd you read that Mowen?

Think it was common knowledge at Fratton Park (maybe not exact, but the same way we knew Owen was on roughly £100k). Mate from uni was a ST holder for a few years, it was just the accepted belief that that was what he was on. Redknapp (spurred on by Gadyamak) had them paying ludicrous wages given their turnover.

Surely Campbell would only end up with someone like Hull, on what 40k max. With Oba, Owen, Viduka and Cacapa already off the wage bill we could offer him what they would. Who knows, he might even prefer stepping down a level?

Ball, Volz, Pamarot and Jaidi would give us some much needed respite in defense when all our current ones bugger off. That's a whole (very experienced) back four right there. None of the others are realistic/that interesting.

Agree with this, although not convinced by Pamarot.  Suprised Volz is without a club, maybe his injuries took a bigger toll on his career than people think.

Jaidi is very underrated. Would do as decent a job as campbell imo at half the price.

I really liked Sibs. He seemed like a decent guy. Wasn't a great player, but could help us out in the Championship. I would love to see him back.

He was on loan at Norwich last year and scored once or twice? Past it even for this level now I think.

Zheng Zhi.

The China captain?

Good shout. He's very good... Although admittedly I've got no idea how he's been doing for the past two seasons.

Other than Weaver and Le Sib, I'd probably take anyone on that list.

Guest schmuck

Zheng was injured most of last season, he might have made a difference for Charlton. He was even a very decent Premiership player when they were up there there so his quality isn't in question, plus he can cover a number of positions, would love to see him sign for us. I'll take him and Volz plz

Zheng, Volz and Lovenkrands again for me.

Zhi was Charlton's star player, and him being injured for most of last season probably went a long way to relegating them. Reckon he would add a bit of creativity in the middle of the park, and I highly doubt would be wanting monster wages. Very good Championship player, would probably boost our commercial appeal in China aswell, big market out there!

If Volz is over his injury problems he'll surely be worth taking on board, especially with Beye on his way we need another RB. Also we might get to see him ride his fold-up bike to matches.

Lovenkrands is probably unlikely to return but I always said he'd be decent in the Championship, he's got pace and an eye for goal, would of definitely been worth keeping.

Sibby, as much as I love the guy isn't worth bringing in. Wasn't good enough to help Norwich stay up last season and I doubt he'd be much use. Maybe we could bring him back as a player/coach and re-ignite the cult status purely for sentimental reasons :smitten:

Guest Heneage

What's going on with Pompey like? They were mad to release Campbell, reckon he and Taylor could be good together. Would take Volz if Beye went.

Campbell was on £105,000 p/w at Pompey. Redknapp's financially crippled them with wages.

-5m on wages alone. Their revenue was like 60m, the wage per annum was 65.

Guest Wally_McFool

Surely Campbell would only end up with someone like Hull, on what 40k max.

Thought I read yesterday that sol Campbell was joining Sven at Notts County.