Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Give it a few months, and one of two things will happen. 1) he maintains good form, and a champions league team will start sniffing around, and there'll be rumours in papers which he denies for ages...then suddenly goes to that teams locl rivals. 2) he flops badly, and does a Jenas

Either way it won't end good for spurs. (with some luck)

Unlikely to "do a Jenas" on account of the fact that Bassong is actually good.

Give it a few months, and one of two things will happen. 1) he maintains good form, and a champions league team will start sniffing around, and there'll be rumours in papers which he denies for ages...then suddenly goes to that teams locl rivals. 2) he flops badly, and does a Jenas

What is "doing a Jenas" anyway. Cunt that he is Jenas isn't a bad player.

What is "doing a Jenas" anyway. Cunt that he is Jenas isn't a bad player.

I think he's dreadful.

What is "doing a Jenas" anyway. c*** that he is Jenas isn't a bad player.

I think he's dreadful.

I think he's better than anything we've had in central midfield since he left.

Guest Heneage

Despite the obvious problems with Joey I think barton and parker are better players.

Yep, Emre too.

He didn't play loads but I loved the little Turk.  :smitten:

I don't bare him any grudges at all, he had to leave for the sake of his career - way too good to be playing in the championship and was one of the few players who gave his all last season.

you don't get what others are saying about the way he left do you ?

Nothing more amusing than Jenas fans  ;D

Answer this ... what is Jenas good at?

Tottenham's transformation has been down to recruiting a real CM in Palacios. Jenas does nothing. He is the invisible man who pops up with the odd goal now and then

I don't bare him any grudges at all, he had to leave for the sake of his career - way too good to be playing in the championship and was one of the few players who gave his all last season.

yes I think I just about understand but the way he left really doesn't bother me. At least he was honest.

yes I think I just about understand but the way he left really doesn't bother me. At least he was honest.

whats honest about saying you want to move without putting in an official transfer request ?

seems to me that he just wanted to skelp as much cash as he could.

whats honest about saying you want to move without putting in an official transfer request ?

did he get a loyalty bonus though? I thought you had to have been at a club for a while before you became entitled, not one season.

did he get a loyalty bonus though? I thought you had to have been at a club for a while before you became entitled, not one season.

maybe not a loyalty bonus but i'm fairly sure players get a latger cut of the fee if they haven't asked for a transfer. used to be a standard 10% of the transfer fee.

Guest elbee909

Thanks for Bassong lads!

At times today i thought he was Ledley and there's no higher praise than that.

Thanks for Jenas!  And Ruel Fox I guess.

Guest Phil K

Thanks for Bassong lads!

At times today i thought he was Ledley and there's no higher praise than that.

Thank your fellow cockney b*stard Ashley, not us.

Assett stripping a speciality ! Humiliate your club ! Make a big club small in two dreadful seasons !

seems to me that he just wanted to skelp as much cash as he could.

Thats 99% of footballers. A footballer with an AVERAGE IQ (never mind high) is rare, they've obsessed with the shiny things like the peabrains they are.

Its rare to see the 1% - look at the way the media have treated Shearer over the past 10 years or so because he didn't sign for THEIR team - Man U.

• 3 weeks later...