The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Geordiesned

Get in! 5 more wins if one of them is against Forest and we're up. The way Forest are playing though even 3 wins might be enough.

Guest Phil K

Splendid on the Nott Furriest score, and just wondering - did WBA get their usual help from the ref ? (Just got in, you see)

Ah right. Got their usual penalty.  :rolleyes: Wonder if it was 3 yards outside the area this time ?

Guest Phil K

I Count 7 Pens for WBA after today

2 of those were against us in the cup though

How many in the last - say - 7 or 8 games ?

I'd say it wouldn't be a great deal less than 7.

Radio just said that Dorrans has scored 8 penalties this season.

Well, we are the only Spanish team that can make it to quarter finals. That's a bit of a fail for our league, coupled with the fact we aren't doing great in the Europa League.

Really sad for Sevilla, it would have been historic for them to progress, and would have given them a great base to grow as a club. We need real competition down in La Liga.

I couldn't give a fuck about WBA at this point, getting promoted is a priority and Forest losing gives us a great chance to increase the gap. Only after we gian promotion can we look towards the title, of course it would of been great if they lost points, but don't forget we play a poor team tomorrow night.

I couldn't give a fuck about WBA at this point, getting promoted is a priority and Forest losing gives us a great chance to increase the gap. Only after we gian promotion can we look towards the title, of course it would of been great if they lost points, but don't forget we play a poor team tomorrow night.

Promotion is the main objective but it would be a right pisser not to win the league having lead for the majority of the time. Anyway, it's in the hands of our players what with the point lead and two games in hand (not to mention the superior goal difference).

3 in tne last 11 games

According to my counting and BBC west brom results page

Including today

1 v Blackpool

1 v Blackpool again

and 1 today

FT

Wigan 1 Villa 2

Milner was absolutely superb for us.

Aaawww don't rub it in man!! ;D

He seems a decent chap,fair play to him..young player of the year surely this year.

He's a greedy bastard.

FT

Wigan 1 Villa 2

Milner was absolutely superb for us.

Aaawww don't rub it in man!! ;D

He seems a decent chap,fair play to him..young player of the year surely this year.

Don't ask me how N'Zogbia did before going off injured, then

*wink*

The Special One talkes:

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho after his side knocked his old club Chelsea out of the Champions League: "We were the best team by far. Chelsea is a great team, we know that and my team came here knowing very well how they play. We knew if we did not control the game by having the ball we would have no chance. We had the ball and we created the best chances and we should have scored before the goal. When we did score, Chelsea were completely out of the game. I thought everything was superior, not just our tactics but our attitude on the pitch."

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/97787455.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5F0FEED0B0F6B09588751487D971E5F815A4466762833179D

:lol:

I was curious so I just counted (in the League ONLY)

WBA have got 9 penalties but three of them were missed (v Ipswich @ Scunny 1 miss 1 in, and @ Plymouth)

Of the ones that went in only two games did it matter point wise. Ironically both games were against Blackpool and both had the same scoreline of 3-2 so they must feel agrieved to say the least. So that's 4 points that they have earned through pens.

Its not nearly as bad as I thought, but f*ck 'em anyway... c*nts.