The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I have never liked Egypt as a football team, always strikes me as a bunch of cheats.

My favourite team in this, was there when they won it in 1998 and in Paris the same year when France won the World Cup - the French had a tea party and the Egyptians had a riot - best atmosphere i've seen after a game ever.

Not seen any of the coverage so far. Is it vuvuzela-ridden? Or is that kinda exlucisve to South African culture? Only i can remember the Confederations Cup being like an amplified beehive - was so fucking annoying.

I'm pretty ignorant on the whole subject if i'm honest.

Not seen any of the coverage so far. Is it vuvuzela-ridden? Or is that kinda exlucisve to South African culture? Only i can remember the Confederations Cup being like an amplified beehive - was so f***ing annoying.

I think it's just South African, and even if it's not, there's pretty much no one there.

Not seen any of the coverage so far. Is it vuvuzela-ridden? Or is that kinda exlucisve to South African culture? Only i can remember the Confederations Cup being like an amplified beehive - was so fucking annoying.

Canny few like

An embarassment in every sense. At least the fat b****** Amodu might be fired. I mean, did he just replace Mikel Obi with Kanu? Is he on cocaine? At least when Oba and Osaze are back fit it will improve and the second round probaly still beckons, but he still must go.

I was also going to ask. They don't seem to employ many foreign coaches. Is it a national tradition like it was in Engand before Sven?

Nigeria has always been a mystery of a national team, so much talent but never seem to cut it.

The lack of football brains is my guess.

Typical pseudo-racist condescending Euro bulls***. Anyway, I;m going back to watch my beloved team throw away everything again. Much like Newcastle, it seems more "if" than "when"

Racism?? So what's the reason for Nigerias failings over the years? The quality individuals are and has been there for some time.

They do look a little like us circa-Roeder - players running into each other and clearly looking like they've never played with each other.

An embarassment in every sense. At least the fat b****** Amodu might be fired. I mean, did he just replace Mikel Obi with Kanu? Is he on cocaine? At least when Oba and Osaze are back fit it will improve and the second round probaly still beckons, but he still must go.

I was also going to ask. They don't seem to employ many foreign coaches. Is it a national tradition like it was in Engand before Sven?

The last coach was foreign. They paved the way for the mentally handicapped  to work as coaches by hiring Berti Vogts. There are good coaches in Nigeria, but Amodu just isn't one. The only reason he is still here is because he qualified for the World Cup, and even that was through no fault of his own. Our best manager was definitely a foreigner though.

Nigeria has always been a mystery of a national team, so much talent but never seem to cut it.

The lack of football brains is my guess.

Typical pseudo-racist condescending Euro bulls***. Anyway, I;m going back to watch my beloved team throw away everything again. Much like Newcastle, it seems more "if" than "when"

Racism?? So what's the reason for Nigerias failings over the years? The quality individuals are and has been there for some time.

They do look a little like us circa-Roeder - players running into each other and clearly looking like they've never played with each other.

I atually thought we played quite well until the random goal Egypt scored. Then it fell apart.

I have never liked Egypt as a football team, always strikes me as a bunch of cheats.

This coming from an Inter fan? :lol:

wow, are you for real? don't quit your day job man

:lol: right-o

Then tell me why you feel Inter is an team full of cheaters please? and don't give me some smiley cockney laughing of a discussion type of bullshit post

Number one, its an Italian club. I dont recall many high profile leagues where a club won the title because the team that actually finished top were relegated and stripped of the title due to match fixing. Obviously Inter were not the club found cheating, but yes I am generalizing because corruption in Italian football is rife.

Number two, I have watched over a hundred of Inter's games throughout my life, and they have had some of the biggest cheats in world football playing for them. Figo, Materazzi, Sergio Conceicao just to name a few.

Third of all, Egypt rarely get the chance to play on the world stage, and I bet you haven't seen more than 7 or 8 Egypt games in your life. Calling them a bunch of cheats when they have won the previous tournament with bulldozing style, and on the day they won this particular game with a storming second half without resorting to any kind of cheating, doesnt make your argument look good.

Basically, if you went around and asked 100 football fans most would pick Inter over Egypt as the "bunch of cheats", as their salient reputation goes.