The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

About the penalty shout and whether it was offside or not I reckon the ref didn't dare to take an uncomfortable decision.

That said, the refs in Spain tend to give freekicks and penalties for the slightest of touches so Barca perhaps aren't used to the kind of refereeing.

Conclusion, shit ref and in Spain Barca will have the same advantage with the referees as Inter had today and I would assume Barca to go through

How the hell would the referee have a decision to make on the offside? ???

It was marginal btw, I bet Gray would be saying it was great that the attacker was given the benefit of the doubt if that was an English club scoring.

Still think Barca at home will have this tie. Fully fit, home surface and with the wind behind their sails they should score enough to turn it around - they did win 2-0 and dominated Inter from start to finish in the group stage game.

Glad Barca lost. The media spectacle over them has gotten ridiculous. They play good football and they have the world's best player. Why does this require me to like them?  It's not like they are some gods to football. I hope Inter and Mourinho survive the second leg and beat Lyon in the final.

Oh and i wanna give a good ol' credit shout to the Barca players (think it was Pique?) who put the ball out when Milito had his cramp in the end there.

Showed some real class being 3-1 down and still being fair play enough when they really didn't have any reason to put it out to let him get of field  :clap2:

As the commentary said 'it's not their fault he has cramp'.

Tbh I'd be raging if we kicked it out when a player in the other team had cramp, nevermind when we are losing!

jermaineDefoe    The ref's the worst I've seen this year terrible!

Well I'm convinced.

he's spelt his name wrong

:lol: It'd be hilarious if the extra "e" was actually a typo from the real Defoe.

Errr I copied it direct from his Twitter :lol:

Inter played well tonight, but what impressed me about Barcelona was that even when 'panicking' they didn't change their style......just kept playing patient, beautiful football and created plenty of chances from it. they just need to SHOOT! the 2nd leg is going to be great, although part of me thinks its a 0-0er.

Mourinho  :smitten:

Mourinho > Barca... as simple as that.... Barca too much dependable on Messi & Xavi.... when both cant move.... it just show how crap is the whole squad.

Inter will win Champions League.... if they kept going like this.

Guest neesy111

inter played well, but they had the ref clearly on their side!

barca have problems upfront, they've basically relied on messi and pedro most of the season, and look toothless.

they need to dump henry and ibra for next season

Guest neesy111

Mourinho > Barca... as simple as that.... Barca too much dependable on Messi & Xavi.... when both cant move.... it just show how crap is the whole squad.

:no:

Can I just mention the amazing fight back at Glanford Park to keep Scunny in the Championship for another season :D

Seeya Sheff Wednesday.

Nigel Adkins went a bit overboard like but good work none the less. Wonder if he'll be off in the summer, he's done a brilliant job @ Glanford Park.

Aye, Barca's squad is shite like.

Can I just mention the amazing fight back at Glanford Park to keep Scunny in the Championship for another season :D

Seeya Sheff Wednesday.

Nigel Adkins went a bit overboard like but good work none the less. Wonder if he'll be off in the summer, he's done a brilliant job @ Glanford Park.

It's probably worth him staying for 1 more year to show that he can sustain a team in the Championship. They'll be plenty of people after him though.

Same with Hooper.