The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

How big a c*** is John Terry?

Does anyone else actually hope we don't win the World Cup, just to spite that halfwitted, massive faced cockney c***?

i would trade england winning the world cup for a guaranteed 3 nice days during my summer hols.

Newcastle winning the Carling Cup or England winning the World Cup?

Carling Cup, every time. England are only there to fill in the gaps every other summer (apart from the summer of 08 though).

Though I would rather England win trophies ahead of every other nation.

Carling Cup, every time. England are only there to fill in the gaps every other summer (apart from the summer of 08 though).

Carling Cup is bloody tinpot though. Chances are it will be gone in a few years anyway.

Carling Cup is bloody tinpot though. Chances are it will be gone in a few years anyway.

So, I'd rather see Newcastle win something then England win something, club ahead of country.

So, I'd rather see Newcastle win something then England win something, club ahead of country.

We're the only country on the planet that puts clubs before our own country

I'm inclined to agree, but it's sad I think.

i'll bet you'll find many people abroad who'll put their domestic teams fortunes before their national teams ?

I like Italy 

Anyway, why would anybody who's English not want us to win the World Cup? Or was it a joke?  :undecided:

Me dad fucking despises England for some reason, actually cheers when countries beat us in cricket, rugby etc.

i'll bet you'll find many people abroad who'll put their domestic teams fortunes before their national teams ?

I certainly do. I support Spain but FC Barcelona > All. And I know many Spanish people that put club before country. Ultimately international football only really takes up your attention one month every two years, while your club you live every week.

Probably yes, from what I have scoped elsewhere though I think it happens alot more with English football fans. I don't know whether that's because of a lack of patriotism or just because club football/local divides are far more engrained into people in this country.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370904&highlight=club+country

Interesting poll from another forum - the majority of the people who are voting for Club are British.

I never understand where this discussion comes from. Yes I'd rather Newcastle won something than England given the choice but considering they will never ever be in competition with each other I can't see why the choice even gets brought up. There is no choice.

When England play I want them to win, every time. Doesn't mean I want Newcastle to win any less.