The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

O'Brien can't seem to do the basics having watched him here, I think it became obvious how poor a player he was when Hibs gave up on him.

Guest Geordiesned

I'd like to see Swindon go up now to see how Charlie Austin does in the Championship.

Guest geordienorway

Anyone watching the Toulon Tournament? France against Colombia now, what a fucking goal that was.

Anyone watching the Toulon Tournament? France against Colombia now, what a fucking goal that was.

Wonder if Southampton will be able to keep hold of Schneiderlin...

Guest geordienorway

Wonder if Southampton will be able to keep hold of Schneiderlin...

I bet they are happy that Wise left us.

Player scores free-kick from centre circle & saves team from relegation...goal link is in the article.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/2340/

A Brazilian footballer has scored an incredible wonder goal, rocketing a 45-yard free kick from inside the centre circle into the top corner to save his side from relegation.

Inca, the captain of Paraguayan top-flight side Sol de America, scored the astonishing goal to secure a 2-1 away victory against title-chasing Olimpia - and in so doing stave off the threat of relegation for his club.

"The big thing was that my team-mates trusted me to have a go at it," the 36-year-old said.

"Above all I want to thank them for letting me have a try. And thanks to God it was a goal!"

His own strikers body language makes him look gutted it went in. Either had money on to go down, would be able to leave for free or is a right selfish bastard and wanted the glory himself.  :lol:

Player scores free-kick from centre circle & saves team from relegation...goal link is in the article.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/2340/

A Brazilian footballer has scored an incredible wonder goal, rocketing a 45-yard free kick from inside the centre circle into the top corner to save his side from relegation.

Inca, the captain of Paraguayan top-flight side Sol de America, scored the astonishing goal to secure a 2-1 away victory against title-chasing Olimpia - and in so doing stave off the threat of relegation for his club.

"The big thing was that my team-mates trusted me to have a go at it," the 36-year-old said.

"Above all I want to thank them for letting me have a try. And thanks to God it was a goal!"

The keeper blatantly took a bung... Stephen Hawking could have saved that ffs.

Warming up to the Spanish Cup final. 48,000 Atlético fans and 32,000 Sevilla fans are expected at the Camp Nou.

Sevilla has spent €1m to move 15,000 of their fans for free.

There's already controversy as the FA has cancelled Negredo's red card last weekend so he will be able to start the final. Given that Fabiano is out injured that would have left out Sevilla with only Kanouté.