The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Rooney is actually getting better and better.

Was just last season it was being said that he couldn't play alone upfront, but he has beeon doing so brilliantly this season when asked to.

Something for Capello to think about I reckon. might want to try playing Gerrard behind him again. Bench Heskey.

Landon Donovan really has looked good. Americans really do seem to work well in the Premier League moreso than any other. If he's smart he will look to stay. Has wasted enough time in the MLS and can go back when he's older.

By my reckoning he's had 2 good games, 1 bad one and 1 ok performance. I'd keep him as long as the price was reasonable.

s*** game tonight. Dirty team as well, Sunderland. ref was far too lenient.

Really impressed with his movement. Gets into fantastic scoring positions coming in from out wide. Similar to Dempsey sort of in the way they do that.

Finally, after a torturous first few months, we're starting to get back to our usual form. Sunderland were poor tonight but that's a lot down to the fact we made them look poor by constantly closing them down. Comfortable win, and a win on Saturday will really make me believe our European charge is in full swing.

would love to know who all those that are saying they want Bruce out would get in.

Marco van Basten like they wanted in the summer?  Someone who's only 2 jobs were with the national team, and then flopped at Ajax?  The one decent post on there was the one who said they should stick with him because said Moyes hasn't won the league with Everton after 8 years.  And we get called impatient twats...

EDIT:  http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=470416

the thread title is 'What world class manager' and the chap who made the fifth post cites Souness and Paul Hart.

We all knew as soon as things went a bit Pete Tong for them they'd be on his back quicker than a rabid monkey with AIDS.

He was always on a hiding to nothing with his Die-hard Geordie patter he's span for years.

Luckily for them Quinn won't sack him, will give him time and will back him to the hilt. He's simply not as short sighted as them lot, tbh, something else we all knew; Quinn was totally wasted on them as well.

Well, can only hope for a Villa win.

Nope...  They can fuck off.

http://www.expressandstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/wd3315606soccer-barclays-298x450.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/24/article-0-05139FA8000005DC-948_468x450.jpg

And I FUCKING HATE Manure.  Come on you fucking cunts.

Agree. **** them in everything they do for the rest of their lifes! Looking forward to their spectacular fail in the Premiership, just like every season. (Promise much at the start of it only to realise they're not that good at the end of it.)

And yes, I fooking hate Man Utd, I do!

The thing about SAFC is they will never learn, Corbridge born Mick Buxton was diaster for them, Sir Lawrie McMenemy from Gateshead was diaster for them & now Steve Bruce is proving a diaster. At this point I would like thank x-Newcastle United captain Bob "Geordie" Stokoe because what he did 1973 has made SAFC turn time & again to Geordies to be there clubs managers who have let them down without Bob none of the others would of been given a chance.

Landon Donovan really has looked good. Americans really do seem to work well in the Premier League moreso than any other. If he's smart he will look to stay. Has wasted enough time in the MLS and can go back when he's older.

I suspect that Donovan will stay so long as he is successful and plays regularly. The minute things turn south, he'll be heading back to LA.

Shame that Brian McBride wasted his career in MLS--he's the one that might of really done well.

Odemwinge is again the only one looking even remotely creative for Nigeria.

And there he's taken off.

Note to the Nigerian manager: you don't take off your most creative player when you're chasing a 1-0 lead with 20 minutes to go in a semi final.

Guest Heneage

Odemwinge is again the only one looking even remotely creative for Nigeria.

And there he's taken off.

Note to Chris Hughton: you don't take off your most creative player when you're chasing a 1-0 lead with 20 minutes to go in a semi final.

Just as applicable.

It's depressing. They got ONE chance for God's sake. It's breaking my heart seeing Kanu in his last Nations Cup watching this bunch of frauds and losers shrivel up and die against weak opposition. Fitting that our best chance rebounded off Yakubu's fat arse and flew into the gallery. I'm really not enjoying football anymore.

I suspect that Donovan will stay so long as he is successful and plays regularly. The minute things turn south, he'll be heading back to LA.

Shame that Brian McBride wasted his career in MLS--he's the one that might of really done well.

You realise that McBride played in Fulham for years, right?