Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I feel quite sorry for Barton actually, he looks like he's a marked man.  :undecided:

Hope we get behind him as he genuinely looked happy to be playing for Newcastle.

He shouldn't be fucking punching people then should he? :lol:

It's like feeling sorry for Harold Shipman when accused of killing the 250th woman who actually died of natural causes.

He may be a c*nt but we're a better side with him on the pitch. He's done some horrible things in his time but he's killed no one (as yet). Footballers are rarely going to be evangelists. Looking forward to him being back playing for us.

Gamst:

"Joey Barton called me today. I couldn’t answer the phone at that moment, but he left a nice message on my answering machine and I called him up the minute we had finished our team meeting. Joey shows that there is more to him than what came out on the pitch the other day, and I really appreciate it. It’s not everyone who has the courage to call to apologize after such an episode, but Joey did without hesitation. Both me and Joey are professional and fully agree to put this behind us, and that we can laugh about the whole thing next time we meet. So from now on this case is dead and out of the world."

Gamst:

"Joey Barton called me today. I couldn’t answer the phone at that moment, but he left a nice message on my answering machine and I called him up the minute we had finished our team meeting. Joey shows that there is more to him than what came out on the pitch the other day, and I really appreciate it. It’s not everyone who has the courage to call to apologize after such an episode, but Joey did without hesitation. Both me and Joey are professional and fully agree to put this behind us, and that we can laugh about the whole thing next time we meet. So from now on this case is dead and out of the world."

:clap:

Gamst:

Source? Linky? I ask because I have a twat of a Rovers fan ripping the shit out of me about this and I want to shut him up.

Gamst:

"Joey Barton called me today. I couldnt answer the phone at that moment, but he left a nice message on my answering machine and I called him up the minute we had finished our team meeting. Joey shows that there is more to him than what came out on the pitch the other day, and I really appreciate it. Its not everyone who has the courage to call to apologize after such an episode, but Joey did without hesitation. Both me and Joey are professional and fully agree to put this behind us, and that we can laugh about the whole thing next time we meet. So from now on this case is dead and out of the world."

Source? Linky? I ask because I have a twat of a Rovers fan ripping the shit out of me about this and I want to shut him up.

Just shoot him

Gamst:

http://gamst.co.uk/en/2010/11/12/tottenham-blackburn-before-the-match/ :thup:

Gamst:

http://gamst.co.uk/en/2010/11/12/tottenham-blackburn-before-the-match/ :thup:

:thup: Cheers fella.

Good to see he's had his PR team working overtime to conjure up some sort of defence for his actions.

Pathetic.

in what way ? we've heard it all before from joey, he gives great interview then does this sort of thing, he even has cheerleaders who want him applauded for not assaulting someone in 18months.

whenever i think of the joey fan club i think of chris rocks "niggers" set.

Haven't managed to read what I've missed in this thread, but madras has summed up what I think above.  The "niggers" stand-up comparison is inspired tbh, i.e. don't expect to be given credit for something that is a pre-requisite for being a footballer/dad/halfway-decent human being.

Guest Bill Arfa

Just found this on the bbc sport football gossip page..

"Manchester City's Joey Barton has admitted he faces a constant battle to control his temper after accepting a violent conduct charge for punching Morten Gamst Pedersen of Blackburn Rovers.

Full story: Daily Mail"

Guest Bill Arfa

Have they got revelations about the pope being catholic and bears shitting in the woods on the front page? It's not even gossip, it's f***ing obvious.

Well that too but they have put "Manchester City's Joey Barton"

The point I tried to make earlier was just laid bare for me yesterday when Dempsey ran up to and stuck his head in on Tiote. Very little made of it, if Tiote had been like Pederson and rolled around like a tat I bet there still would have been no outcome. But if it had been Barton who reacted like that the media would have been talking about it for the next few weeks.