Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not advocating that we sell him, but £5m could be great business for him. With the way he's played this season it's easy to forget how often he's been injured.

I guess the question is can we get by with Gosling? If only we knew when HBA would return.

More important question- what's done with the hypothetical 5M.

I think he's the one player we have who could potentially go in January. I remember Ashley having supposedly tussled with Keegan over wanting to sell him and from the perspective of somebody who thinks he knows a lot about football but actually doesn't, we have a lot of similar central midfielders so he's seemingly expendable.

Ashley's had over 2 years since Keegan to sell him, in fairness. Could have gone in the summer, or the summer before last.

Probably the first time in that period that we'll have had teams willing to pay significant money for him though, given his injury/form issues in the past compared to how he's playing now.

Because we've never thought of getting rid of Smith before? :lol:

"Come buy this guy. He can't pass, he can't shoot and his tackling is horrendous. 50k wages too. Who could say no to that?!"

:laugh:

He's certainly been our best midfielder but he's still a ticking time bomb and what happens if he doesn't want to play for Pardew?  If I could get 5M for him and clear his wages off the bill, I'd have to strongly consider it.

And get who in? Right now, beggars can't be choosers and I can't see us investing in a player with as much of a range of passing and creativity, which we'll be bereft of if we ditch him.

He's certainly been our best midfielder but he's still a ticking time bomb and what happens if he doesn't want to play for Pardew?  If I could get 5M for him and clear his wages off the bill, I'd have to strongly consider it.

And get who in? Right now, beggars can't be choosers and I can't see us investing in a player with as much of a range of passing and creativity, which we'll be bereft of if we ditch him.

I hear you but what if he gets crocked again or gets a few suspensions or gets on the wrong side of Pardew?  Joey doesn't have much of a track record of continuous play since he's been here, has he?  Can we count on him to be a consistent presence in the starting eleven.

http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/6565322/McKay-Joey-committed-to-Toon

Barton's agent Willie McKay has confirmed West Ham's initial offer was rejected by Newcastle and that the midfielder remains committed to the Magpies unless they decide to listen to offers for his services.

"I believe West Ham made an enquiry for Joey and that was rejected by Newcastle," McKay told skysports.com. "Joey is enjoying his football again and he is committed to Newcastle unless he is told otherwise.

"There are other sides interested in Joey as I have had five or six phone calls from teams asking about Joey's availability.

"If these interested clubs make an offer for Joey then it is up to the two clubs to agree a deal and once that happens then we can sit down and discuss a possible move."

Bye.

Guest Chubby Jason

http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/6565322/McKay-Joey-committed-to-Toon

Barton's agent Willie McKay has confirmed West Ham's initial offer was rejected by Newcastle and that the midfielder remains committed to the Magpies unless they decide to listen to offers for his services.

"I believe West Ham made an enquiry for Joey and that was rejected by Newcastle," McKay told skysports.com. "Joey is enjoying his football again and he is committed to Newcastle unless he is told otherwise.

"There are other sides interested in Joey as I have had five or six phone calls from teams asking about Joey's availability.

"If these interested clubs make an offer for Joey then it is up to the two clubs to agree a deal and once that happens then we can sit down and discuss a possible move."

Bye.

Well that's him gone then. Welcome to Newcastle Mr. Nigel Quashie!!

As we watch our players disappear for nothing fees my dissappointment will be more heartfelt than ever and my anger will simply become unbearable. Not looking forward to the remainder of a season which 7 days ago was wankable.