Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has anyone considered that Diaby is probably friends with Ousmane Dabo. Alot of the African/ french players are very good friends, even the ones who haven't played together. There's a huge social network in Milan, Paris, London and Marseille etc between African french players.

Would not shock me at all if that is why Diaby took exception to Barton.

He is turning into one of my all time favourites. It's been a long, long time since I saw anyone care this much about the club and fight for the cause in the way he does. As big a leader as Nolan and he does it by example.

The fact that he is being overlooked for England is a joke. On par with Adam Johnson in terms of best English midfielder this season.

He is turning into one of my all time favourites. It's been a long, long time since I saw anyone care this much about the club and fight for the cause in the way he does. As big a leader as Nolan and he does it by example.

The fact that he is being overlooked for England is a joke. On par with Adam Johnson in terms of best English midfielder this season.

Tbh Johnson has done absolutely nothing at all this season.

I do not play football but Barton's tackle on Diaby a "Strong but Fair " one? He went in sliding with all his weight on his knees! Diaby was lucky not to have a broken leg. I do not condone his reaction though, its stupidity and no brainer.

- Peter, Essex, 07/2/2011 09:51

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1354321/Jamie-Redknapp-Joey-Barton-Newcastles-main-man.html#ixzz1DHJvGxFU

Barton on his knee's i must have missed that part

That article's hilarious, basically the more people hate Barton the better, I enjoy having some players that get up people's noses.

So long as refs don't pay attention to it, the baggage only works in our favour.

Oh, and if your team needs a classy ball-playing midfielder, Charlie Adam's that way.

I participate in a referee discussion group that often disects incidents from a LOTG perpective.

So the question was raised about "the tackle" and the first response was

1) The Newcastle player whose tackle resulted in the RC is a known thug.

2) I felt he had more thean a couple of reckless tackles in the first

half.

3) The spark that caused the explosion was clearly SFP for me - a

miracle that the Arsenal player did not suffer a fracture.

As I was watching, in the first half, I felt that it was only a matter

of time before the game blew up.  When it did, it was clearly a case of

the Arsenal player thinking if the ref won't take care of it, I will.

A game changing moment that was predictable and had the unfortunate

effect of rewarding those who were using excessive force on a continual

basis

My response was two fold...

First - Had the same tackle been made by Paul "we know he cannot tackle-cheeky scamp" Scholes then would you feel the same?

Second - (going back to LOTG) it's a 50-50 ball with both players approaching the ball head on "collision course". Player 1 gets to the ball slightly ahead of player 2 and wins all ball. BUT his momentum carries him through into player 2.  Does the fact that he wins all ball, negate the contact?  Or is it deemed reckless play because he only won the ball because he failed to control his forward progress into the opposition?

Still not sure on the tackle.....if I had seen that tackle in my youth/Recreation games then I think I would have produced a Yellow Card for the foul.  But that is because with kids playing "it's all about player safety" both real and perceived, and letting that one go in at U16B game would only invite retaliation at the next tackle opportunity.

In premier league games - the standard of play and expectations of the players regarding physical play is different so I'm still unsure if that was reckless or not.

Had Diaby won the ball it could have been equally as bad for Barton. It was only risky because they were both doing the same thing, Joey was just better at it. :smug:

Exactly, Barton just got there first.

I guess there was a bit of disregard for Diaby's safety, but there always is in a meaty tackle like that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That Arsenal blog.  :facepalm:

Of course, Arsene Wenger's turning a blind approach to trouble helps society... How middle class

If I remember the tackle correctly then Diaby has possession then turns and the ball goes away from him quite far and because this is the prem that is a mistake IMO so all Barton did was win the lose ball and catch him. If Diaby was a better player he would not have done that.

Barton did win the ball and caught him but from the angle I saw it was towards the ball and not the player (completely different angles of approach) so a good tackle.

Nothing like de Jong who didn't care about the sport or player when he took out BA.

Let them bitch, just sore losers tbh. We made history this weekend. A F**KING FACT!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_248.gif

Is that a dog, grabbing a chicken, pulling it into his homeless man's box, and then raping said chicken?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_248.gif

Is that a dog, grabbing a chicken, pulling it into his homeless man's box, and then raping said chicken?

That's Wenger's dog...he ran off Saturday.....Arsene needs to learn how to hold onto a lead.