Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wish that fat cunt and his ball-sack faced director would put more effort into ridding the club of the less popular and less talented players.

It seems they target the players that the fans have an attachment with. Pretty sad really.

Carroll - 8th most expensive player in history after 6 good months in the top division.

Enrique - not sold yet, however most believe he is one of the top left backs in the country. We haven't been one of the top teams in the country for years and a few of which were before Ashley took over.

Barton - one good season in 4, all sorts of issues since he arrived from numerous injuries, prison , suspensions and other internal disciplinary problems. 5 year contract not on the owners mind that shocking?

People mention ambition which I agree isn't where it should be but just hoe much would need to be invested these days to match some players desire? It's not as straightforward as it once was. Some talk about Liverpool showing ambition to sign Carroll but don't mention they sold their star to fund his transfer.

Barton's taking a huge risk.

Let's say we start next season with some new players but him still having only one year remaining on his contract, any prolonged injury will completely fuck him. And if he goes out of form for a bit and is replaced, he is even more fucked.

I think most clubs in the premiership already consider him to be a very high-risk guy without being the necessary associated high-value in return. The guy is not going to get any better. He will start to get worse very soon. He has a bad history and a bad reputation which is justified.

The only way he comes out well is if he plays like a champ next year, but that's obviously assuming he will get to play. We could easily loan in a couple of players (denilson from arsenal? leftover midfielders from city?) and they would have the same value to us as Barton does since they won't be here the year after.

I want to know why with every decision people look to blame someone be it the player or club. The club has it's reasons why it doesn't want to give a player in his late 20s a long term deal, Barton has his reasons why he wants to sign a long term deal (last big payday). I just hate this blame culture we have. Two parties disagree, we move on.

I think most clubs in the premiership already consider him to be a very high-risk guy without being the necessary associated high-value in return. The guy is not going to get any better. He will start to get worse very soon. He has a bad history and a bad reputation which is justified.

almost certainly what the chuckle brothers will be saying to each other when talking about barton - they'll be gambling on barton realising this too clearly

I want to know why with every decision people look to blame someone be it the player or club. The club has it's reasons why it doesn't want to give a player in his late 20s a long term deal, Barton has his reasons why he wants to sign a long term deal (last big payday). I just hate this blame culture we have. Two parties disagree, we move on.

too much water under the bridge with MA & DL man, if it was clean owners i don't think anyone would be arguing

This is only a good thing if we replace these players ( I know they've not even fucking gone yet), but with players of an equal or better quality, with similar leadership ilk.

Guest Roger Kint

Carroll - 8th most expensive player in history after 6 good months in the top division.

Enrique - not sold yet, however most believe he is one of the top left backs in the country. We haven't been one of the top teams in the country for years and a few of which were before Ashley took over.

Barton - one good season in 4, all sorts of issues since he arrived from numerous injuries, prison , suspensions and other internal disciplinary problems. 5 year contract not on the owners mind that shocking?

People mention ambition which I agree isn't where it should be but just hoe much would need to be invested these days to match some players desire? It's not as straightforward as it once was. Some talk about Liverpool showing ambition to sign Carroll but don't mention they sold their star to fund his transfer.

Well said, good to see a bit of common sense immediately following a post severely lacking in it.

I would be happy with a straight swap;  Barton for Stephen Ireland. Anyone else?

Can Ireland ever replicate his form from a couple of years ago?  And is he mentally tough enough?  We know can well Barton can perform.  Anyway, they are not the same kind of players.

Guest Chubby Jason

This is obviously leaving the door open for a Nacho Gonzalez return in the summer.

Well said, good to see a bit of common sense immediately following a post severely lacking in it.

Hey, fuck you.

I do have my favourite players, I think everyone does. My favourite players at this club were Andy Carroll, Joey Barton, Jose Enrique and Kevin Nolan. Now, if we no longer had these players, and signed young/free/unproven players, will you be singing the same tune then? If I had the upmost trust into our owner and director to spend the relevant cash to replace these players with quality, I wouldn't grumble, in fact I'd applaud.

We all know this has a very slim chance of happening, and the more likey scenario is that we'll sniff 'round out of contract players and piss about until the last week.

So sorry if I seem bitter about possibly losing our top performers.

Part of Pardew's remuneration is based on how much the club's operating expenses (wge costs for him) are reduced. I think that this fact will influence much of this summer's decisions - ones that seem logical to us and ones that don't.

Part of Pardew's remuneration is based on how much the club's operating expenses (wge costs for him) are reduced. I think that this fact will influence much of this summer's decisions - ones that seem logical to us and ones that don't.

How much more do you know about Pardew's brief that you haven't let on?  We keep getting these juicy bits disclosed..!!!

if that is true then MA & DL truly know nothing about football, i mean someone who'd never heard of the game before could probably understand why this is a bad idea

To be fair the wages have needed to be reduced for years as we have paid way, way over the odds and that includes under Ashley.

It's how we go about it that causes me some concern

I'm not confident that those in charge aren't a bit 'football manager's in their approach.

Needs to be the right balance in getting the wage bill to a sensible level but still being able to retain/attract good players.

That said signing Ben Arfa and tying down Tiote to a longer contract gives me some belief they are starting to get some idea because I doubt those two are on a low wage.

Regardless of who is 'to blame' for individual cases, the club consistently seeing good players leave/wanting to leave means that something is not right somewhere.

Some people seem to be quite content for our best to go as long as they can say 'well we don't know every little detail so you can't say for definite that the club's at fault, get in there you beauty :smug:'

Sorry but how does that help the football team exactly?

And sorry if we're letting one of our key players go over a contractual issue, even though he is prepared to take a pay cut, then the club is quite clearly at fault imo. Have they done everything they can to keep him? How much will replacing somebody of his influence and ability cost in transfer fees alone?

Regardless of who is 'to blame' for individual cases, the club consistently seeing good players leave/wanting to leave means that something is not right somewhere.

Fair enough but haven't we only got rid of one player like this so far ? And in that case we still got £35m for 6 months work?