Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

So just to double check, people think Barton was entirely justified and right to go on Twitter and say what he said?

Nah not at all, that kind of s*** can be kept private, and should be. Still didn't need to lead to this farce though

There is a lot more justification for Joey tweeting his opinion than there is listing one of our better players for free. If you really want to punish him, tell him he can't have twitter and fine him or something. That would've been the sensible punishment, if that's what they were looking to achieve.

But, obviously, they're not. They just want to peddle someone on high wages who actually has the balls to speak out.

All of the "bad guys" can f*** off imo.

They can't, they either own the club or are mates employed by the owner.

Yeah i know, just that i would like to support a non circus for once, wish it was that simple.

whats the need for sides here?

I honestly feel the actions of both are indefensible.

Joey has engineered the move by his comments on twitter, which no matter how bad your boss is, you simply dont speak out like he has on a public forum.

The fat one above has obviously been feeding him with enough fuel however to make said comments, thus lovingly pulling the trigger on this transfer list fiasco.

Both in the wrong, yet we all know barton will move on and have the season of his life, and we will be stuck with fat mike to continue to make our club a laughing stock.

Guest bimpy474

So just to double check, people think Barton was entirely justified and right to go on Twitter and say what he said?

I think that, yes.

Justified to voice an opinion about his moronic employers.. absolutely..

My employers are mongs and some of their decisions cost lives, if i said anything i would sacked instantly, whistleblower rules apply.

Why should he be any different.

Everyone is to blame for this situation except the fans, and its the fans who'll suffer the most tbh.

Don't worry, someone will blame the Hull game protests at some point.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There is a lot more justification for Joey tweeting his opinion than there is listing one of our better players for free. If you really want to punish him, tell him he can't have twitter and fine him or something. That would've been the sensible punishment, if that's what they were looking to achieve.

But, obviously, they're not. They just want to peddle someone on high wages who actually has the balls to speak out.

Yeah, have to admit, what's the difference between what Barton has tweeted, and what Enrique tweeted last week? One has been told he can leave on a free, the other one was given 2 week wages fine. Both essentially said the same thing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him link up with Nolan and go to West Ham tbh. I can't see us letting him go for nowt to someone we're going to be closely competing with in the league. Plus he's got a kid on the way so he'll more than likely be looking for a fairly long contact so he can settle down.

Guest Roger Kint

0% - Newcastle's PL win percentage without Joey Barton in the team during 2010-11, compared to 34% when he played.

We are lucky if we finish 17.

Thanks Mike.

Bolton away was a collective disgrace as was WBA away. Everton at home and draws with Fulham, Chelsea, Bolton are all he missed i think. Hardly anything to gauge a season on either way.

Just like to congratulate Joey, he's worked really hard for this.

Bollocks.

If he wanted to go, he could. There was no need to do any of this man. It's logic.

I think that, yes.

Justified to voice an opinion about his moronic employers.. absolutely..

My employers are mongs and some of their decisions cost lives, if i said anything i would sacked instantly, whistleblower rules apply.

Why should he be any different.

You cannot legally be sacked for whistleblowing.