Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

thing is I remember what normally very reliable sources (Caulkin for example) was saying before deadline day that Barton was going to sign a new deal so that part of the article is believable

The moving of the goalpost (wanting more money), was in The Sun article last night too.

I hate to say it but it is beginning to look like he has been causing trouble, if we believe all the stuff being written that is.

When it all comes from the same source at Newcastle who happens to have been told in a court that he lied to deceive the fans I believe nothing.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/02/joey-barton-s-tweet-the-last-straw-for-nufc-72703-29159767/

Notice the "It is a fact that..." Llambias-style list in the middle. Same old bullshit. Some of it may even have substance, but when you churn out the same nonsense every time we shift a player then I don't see why anyone should believe a word.

In any premier league squad, 25 young, rich, famous and confident blokes who are at the very highest level of their profession, you'll have at least a handful of people that would happily publicly moan about it if their bosses were such utter morons, ran the club in such an unprofessional way and fucked their playing staff about.  Put Mike and Derek at the top of any club in the Premier League and you'll quickly find that the more outspoken and social network savvy in the squad are airing their grievances. It's not just that we've been unlucky enough to have particularly impudent players in the form of Nolan, Jose, Barton, Routledge...

Means we have to narrow our transfer targets even further to timid and humble types or Scholes style private players, which considering we're already aiming for people that are on the cheap because they come with some kind of undesirable baggage is pretty limiting.

Guest cr4igora
I find his corners to be poor and his direct free kicks borderline pointless.

Thank you! Someone else has been watching matches with their eyes open!!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/02/joey-barton-s-tweet-the-last-straw-for-nufc-72703-29159767/

Notice the "It is a fact that..." Llambias-style list in the middle. Same old bullshit. Some of it may even have substance, but when you churn out the same nonsense every time we shift a player then I don't see why anyone should believe a word.

I don't know why you say it's the 'same old nonsense'. No-one suggested that Carroll or Nolan were troublemakers.

Given that Barton has a history of bust-ups with team-mates, and given that his statements over the last few months (eg best English midfield player bar possibly Wilshere) have become increasingly egotistical and eccentric, it's not unbelievable that at least some of that account is true. I feel that various managers have been prepared to indulge him, because he's a talented player and they don't want to lose him.

Pardew had this hope that Joey would knuckle down this season and that way earn the contract that he wanted, but I can't see that that was ever going to be Joey's reaction to the situation. He's effectively been demoted and his reaction was far more likely to be resentment and a desire to hit back.

McKay added that Barton was disappointed when talks of a new deal broke down, but is confident the midfielder still has a bright future.

"Joey was disappointed. There was no way we were going to take a cut in his wages. He wanted four years, they wanted three," added McKay.

I'm prepared to take a pay cut

Lying fuck.

You have to wonder, will this really upset the dressing room? Or will there be a good few players glad to see the back of him? I think its fairly clear to see that Joey goes on like a huffy little kid when he doesnt get his own way.

These stories of him kicking off about the set peices and arguing with Cabaye just make me think. Remember Villa last year too when he had the armband - what a shambles he was. Then there was Fulham, I seem to remember him going nuts with Jose too. I wouldnt say this behaviour is leadership either. It just wouldnt suprise me if there could be a sigh of relief when he's gone from within.

You have to wonder, will this really upset the dressing room? Or will there be a good few players glad to see the back of him? I think its fairly clear to see that Joey goes on like a huffy little kid when he doesnt get his own way.

These stories of him kicking off about the set peices and arguing with Cabaye just make me think. Remember Villa last year too when he had the armband - what a shambles he was. Then there was Fulham, I seem to remember him going nuts with Jose too. I wouldnt say this behaviour is leadership either. It just wouldnt suprise me if there could be a sigh of relief when he's gone from within.

I hope so, just wish we demanded a fee for him, easily worth £3m of anyones money.

I hope so, just wish we demanded a fee for him, easily worth £3m of anyones money.

No one wanted him though, apparently no enquiries all summer. They want rid that badly that they are prepared to give him away.

Maybe an answer to your question.

dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson by lawsono@

@Joey7Barton lets just keep our right side strong again this season! #partnership

Guest johnson293

Ryder claims the words about the argument with players after Leeds came from Peter Beardsley

'on the payroll'  :snod:

Maybe an answer to your question.

dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson by lawsono@

@Joey7Barton lets just keep our right side strong again this season! #partnership

Well, thats one player. We cant really judge the whole dressing room based on one tweet from Danny Simpson.

No one wanted him though, apparently no enquiries all summer. They want rid that badly that they are prepared to give him away.

Look at his track record for making the wrong sort of headlines and you can see why.

Whatever side you are on in this particular debacle it's still another load of crap press and it's all about Joey Barton. What club needs to take the risk of something kicking off again and would they pay money to take that risk? Good footballer but you might get a load of serious grief with it.