Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's not even about whether Shepherd can be responsible this time, or that he increasingly brought in and backed dreadful managers, or his regular idiotic verbals in the press, or the enourmous amounts of money he and his family syphoned from the coffers.

Simply put, he has relatively fuck all money to be a premiership owner, so more than likely he'd need a loan to get the club and then run to the banks again any time we need a cash injection or another random marquee signing, something the banks are unlikely to want to accomodate any time soon.

Shepherd. Fuck that. :thdn:

Here endeth the discussion.

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Am goin to take the fact he(Fabio C) used the words me and good player in the same sentence, all I want is the opportunity to prove the rest

5 minutes ago

My goal is to get in that Euro2012 squad and team for the Olympics, all I can do is more of what I did last season, if its enough its enough

1 minute ago

Good news for us for him to have a firm target. If he stays.

Am goin to take the fact he(Fabio C) used the words me and good player in the same sentence, all I want is the opportunity to prove the rest

5 minutes ago

My goal is to get in that Euro2012 squad and team for the Olympics, all I can do is more of what I did last season, if its enough its enough

1 minute ago

Good news for us for him to have a firm target. If he stays.

A happy Joey Barton is good news for us and Cappello's recognition definitely seems to have gone down well. I just hope the club don't use giving him a new contract as a tool to placate fans while giving up on a new striker.

To even be mentioned in the reckoning, is a testament to how far i've come since my troubled yrs, looking forward to pushing for a place....

47 seconds ago

A well placed ITK on another forum reckons Mckay has been telling all and sundry that Barton will be offered a new contract on tuesday on the terms they shook hands on in January.

That'd be mint like, after all that's gone on. Sadly, McKay talks shit, and ITKs aren't usually right. We'll see.

A well placed ITK on another forum reckons Mckay has been telling all and sundry that Barton will be offered a new contract on tuesday on the terms they shook hands on in January.

That'd be mint like, after all that's gone on. Sadly, McKay talks s***, and ITKs aren't usually right. We'll see.

Barton will sign.  Everyone is happy.  We will then sell Colo.  Fan unrest and Barton kicks off all over again.

If that's true I'll...

Well, I just don't think it is true.

Edit: Probably good news, though that William Hill aren't offering odds on Barton to be at NUFC on 1st September, anymore.

Shepherd...great. :lol:

those quotes are taken from his talk sport interview where he also said there would be one price for him and one fee for anyone else wanting to buy the club, basically saying Ashley would not sell to him.

Dont know about anyone else but hope it comes off but doubt it will ,Shepherd made big financial mistakes as we know but him and a proper board would hopefully run it correctly this time around and he would be reeled back in from  Owenesque stupidity.

I wouldn't want Shepherd anywhere near the club, he damn near led us to financial meltdown last time the fat oaf.

It was horrendous when we had no money wasn't it. I used to cry myself to sleep when we paid a decent fee for a player and I was forced to travel to foreign lands watching the useless c***s play in those s*** european competitions. I had a few beers while I was there but it tasted oh so bitter. It's much better now.

Two words:

Leeds

Ridsdale

That's not an Ashley defence in any shape or form but people defending Shepherd and the mountain of debt we were left with need to stop pretending there weren't going to be consequences to his reckless Hollywood transfers.

I love the way Leeds are always used as an example. It's like a parent saying "I'd like my son to be a doctor when he grows up" and someone saying "Two words. Harold. Shipman". One extreme example doesn't make an argument.

And the majority of our debt was on the extending of the ground as you well know.

It doesn't really matter where the debt came from, the black and white facts are that the creidt line had run out for Freddy. We'd spent 5 years worth of sponsorship money on one player, were paying out compenastion to managers on an annual basis and our income stream had fallen from Champs League to no Europe in under 5 years.

The fact that he had started looking into a full refinancing investigation should give enough of a warning.

Add into this the credit crunch that hit in 2008, Freddy and the club didn't have the asset base to secure more funding and the wage bill was unsustainable. We were going one way only unless a miracle came along.

Please let this be true. (and successful)

JOEY BARTON AND NEWCASTLE SET TO HOLD PEACE TALKS

Sunday August 7,2011

By John Richardson

TROUBLED Newcastle United star Joey Barton has agreed to meet the club’s hierarchy this week to end the tweeting war.

Newcastle last week lost patience with their midfielder, banishing him to train with the kids and telling him he was free to join another club.

Owner Mike Ashley had become fed up with what he perceived as damaging tweets from the controversial Barton, who has effectively been ‘banned’ by England boss Fabio Capello, as exclusively revealed in today’s Sunday Express.

But now, following conciliatory talks between Barton’s advisor and club officials, it has been agreed that the player and his agent will meet St James’ Park chief executive Derek Llambias. That has been set up for early this week, and if the talks go well Barton will be taken off the transfer list and could face Arsenal on Saturday evening in the Premier League.

If Barton remains at Newcastle, where he could even be offered a new contract, the disappointed clubs will include Stoke City, Everton and Aston Villa.

Among those who wants Barton to stay is former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd, who revealed he would love to buy back the club.

Shepherd, who still regrets joining Sir John Hall in selling out to Ashley, confessed: “If the price was right I’d look at buying the club.”

One of Shepherd’s last acts as Toon supremo was to sanction the signing of Barton for £5.8million from Manchester City.

He has looked on in bewilderment as the row between the player and the Toon management escalated, and Shepherd believes the situation could have been handled better.

“Barton’s a £6m player, there’s no doubt about that,” he said. “Football, though, is like no other business. You wouldn’t look to get rid of an asset like him for nothing in any other industry.”

Shepherd would love to be back in the boardroom – but he can’t see it happening. “I don’t think Mike would sell to me,” he said. “Maybe for a billion pounds!”

ROCHDALE boss Steve Eyre has offered to let Barton train with his League One club. Eyre, who was a youth coach at Manchester City when Barton was a player at the club, said: “He was as good as gold for me.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/263493/Joey-Barton-and-Newcastle-set-to-hold-peace-talks

Hope this is true like....

Guest Chubby Jason

It was only a few years ago he was saying that he didn't give a shit if he ever got another England cap for the remainder of his career.

Guest Chubby Jason

It was only a few years ago he was saying that he didn't give a s*** if he ever got another England cap for the remainder of his career.

A few years is quite a long time like tbf

nope

Shepherd...great. :lol:

those quotes are taken from his talk sport interview where he also said there would be one price for him and one fee for anyone else wanting to buy the club, basically saying Ashley would not sell to him.

Dont know about anyone else but hope it comes off but doubt it will ,Shepherd made big financial mistakes as we know but him and a proper board would hopefully run it correctly this time around and he would be reeled back in from  Owenesque stupidity.

I wouldn't want Shepherd anywhere near the club, he damn near led us to financial meltdown last time the fat oaf.

It was horrendous when we had no money wasn't it. I used to cry myself to sleep when we paid a decent fee for a player and I was forced to travel to foreign lands watching the useless c***s play in those s*** european competitions. I had a few beers while I was there but it tasted oh so bitter. It's much better now.

Two words:

Leeds

Ridsdale

That's not an Ashley defence in any shape or form but people defending Shepherd and the mountain of debt we were left with need to stop pretending there weren't going to be consequences to his reckless Hollywood transfers.

I love the way Leeds are always used as an example. It's like a parent saying "I'd like my son to be a doctor when he grows up" and someone saying "Two words. Harold. Shipman". One extreme example doesn't make an argument.

And the majority of our debt was on the extending of the ground as you well know.

I still remember when Shepherd brought Fat Sam here and he wanted to bring his backroom staff of 40 experts, Freddie reasoned "if Bolton can afford his backroom staff so can we".

Financial whiz wor Freddie.

Please let this be true. (and successful)

JOEY BARTON AND NEWCASTLE SET TO HOLD PEACE TALKS

Sunday August 7,2011

By John Richardson

TROUBLED Newcastle United star Joey Barton has agreed to meet the club’s hierarchy this week to end the tweeting war.

Newcastle last week lost patience with their midfielder, banishing him to train with the kids and telling him he was free to join another club.

Owner Mike Ashley had become fed up with what he perceived as damaging tweets from the controversial Barton, who has effectively been ‘banned’ by England boss Fabio Capello, as exclusively revealed in today’s Sunday Express.

But now, following conciliatory talks between Barton’s advisor and club officials, it has been agreed that the player and his agent will meet St James’ Park chief executive Derek Llambias. That has been set up for early this week, and if the talks go well Barton will be taken off the transfer list and could face Arsenal on Saturday evening in the Premier League.

If Barton remains at Newcastle, where he could even be offered a new contract, the disappointed clubs will include Stoke City, Everton and Aston Villa.

Among those who wants Barton to stay is former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd, who revealed he would love to buy back the club.

Shepherd, who still regrets joining Sir John Hall in selling out to Ashley, confessed: “If the price was right I’d look at buying the club.”

One of Shepherd’s last acts as Toon supremo was to sanction the signing of Barton for £5.8million from Manchester City.

He has looked on in bewilderment as the row between the player and the Toon management escalated, and Shepherd believes the situation could have been handled better.

“Barton’s a £6m player, there’s no doubt about that,” he said. “Football, though, is like no other business. You wouldn’t look to get rid of an asset like him for nothing in any other industry.”

Shepherd would love to be back in the boardroom – but he can’t see it happening. “I don’t think Mike would sell to me,” he said. “Maybe for a billion pounds!”

ROCHDALE boss Steve Eyre has offered to let Barton train with his League One club. Eyre, who was a youth coach at Manchester City when Barton was a player at the club, said: “He was as good as gold for me.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/263493/Joey-Barton-and-Newcastle-set-to-hold-peace-talks

Hope this is true like....

It is the Express. Voicemouth for the anonymous NUFC 'Club Official'

Going to happen in my opinion.

We're all taking a deep breath, having some time out and seeing where we go with Joey."

"I want my best players playing for the club but Joey needs to buy into what we're doing. If he doesn't, he'll probably go. We'll assess it on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Me and Joey will have a couple of texts and take it from there."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/07/newcastle-united-alan-pardew