Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Gutted to lose him but at least midfield is an area we're relatively strong in. Also, he was at times too much of a distraction and you go into every game worried he's going to be targeted by the other team and get sent off or do something stupid.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Barton went out in an area where we were relatively strong and it allowed us to get Cissokho and Maiga through the door

would it make people happy

Gutted to lose him but at least midfield is an area we're relatively strong in. Also, he was at times too much of a distraction and you go into every game worried he's going to be targeted by the other team and get sent off or do something stupid.

Also, he won us shitloads of points with his performances and took away focus from players of other teams by just being on the field. He will be a HUGE miss.

If Barton went out in an area where we were relatively strong and it allowed us to get Cissokho and Maiga through the door

How will it allow us to get them through the door?

Only at this club can we win a derby and talk about capitalising on the positive vibes flowing by bringing in a couple of players only to turn around and sell one of our best.

Think he will turn it down tbh.

Why would he? He already knows a big club won't come in.

He is perfectly happy here by his own admission, ball is in his court. Why leave for a club like QPR now when he can pick up a bigger signing on fee next summer. He isn't be frozen out here, infact It's clear he is a starter for pardew. Another season playing like last years and a bigger club than QPR will be in for him. 

which bigger club would that be?

Bigger than QPR? Can see anyone outside the top 4 taking him for nothing if he has another season as good as the last. Big ask for him to do that and stay trouble free though.

Guest reefatoon

Also, he won us shitloads of points with his performances and took away focus from players of other teams by just being on the field. He will be a HUGE miss.

what games you been watching?  Put down the crack pipe bonny lad!

I'm getting absolutely sick to fucking death of shit like this, i've been supporting this club & attending matches since the late 70's & i am so disilutioned by the whole game its untrue.

Do the paying supporters even come into the reckoning at all now......not at all !!

The whole game is absolutely ruined & is full of money grabbing individuals who could'nt give a flying fuck for the game.

I'm definately not the only one of my age group thinking this way i know that for sure.

R.I.P. football, we had some laughs !!

How does it does it compare to the past mate? Genuinely interested to know, I've only been supporting since KK era number one, and it doesn't seem to have changed much since then.

I guess one difference was that we used to pay the silly money to make players choose us, and now we're on the other side of the fence.

A good deal of the pain these days I'd put down to the sheer overload of press nonsense, claim, counterclaim, and every single minutiae being discussed.

Can't help myself now, but don't think I was any worse off getting the general gist from the chronicle and the odd radio show.

Ignorance is bliss they say.

there's two sides to that coin, i also go into every match knowing he'll give 100% and more often than not perform solidly, keep his head and wind up the other team (with a few recent exceptions)

say what you like about the arsenal incident but i'd sooner have someone in the team who cares enough to pick a cheat up off the floor by his neck and rattle the whole team than someone who's willing to let it go.

Guest reefatoon

there's two sides to that coin, i also go into every match knowing he'll give 100% and more often than not perform solidly, keep his head and wind up the other team (with a few recent exceptions)

say what you like about the arsenal incident but i'd sooner have someone in the team who cares enough to pick a cheat up off the floor by his neck than someone who's willing to let it go.

You might say that, but at the time of it happening I just thought, fucking hell Joey your going to get sent off here. Luckily for him Gervinho decided to bitch slap him.

I think that Joey would probably like to stay with us in an ideal world. He obviously likes the fans, the city and the region and is settled here. However he's seen that the club has no real ambitions beyond survival, and most importantly no doubt feels unwanted by the club who will be making him unemployed next summer. I'm sure that like the other players that have been sold recently he seriously dislikes the people running the club. QPR will no doubt offer him similar money to his present salary but on a long term contract. If they get relegated he can leave on a free if he wants, as Ba did, if he wants that in his contract.

QPR might be a smaller club than we are but they are certainly no less successful, in fact as we know there is hardly a club in the top two or three divisions that have won less than us over the last 40-50 years. Also they now have a motivated owner, who will invest in the club and try to make them better than they are, something it's very hard to say about our present ownership.

say what you like about the arsenal incident but i'd sooner have someone in the team who cares enough to pick a cheat up off the floor by his neck than someone who's willing to let it go.

You might say that, but at the time of it happening I just thought, fucking hell Joey your going to get sent off here. Luckily for him Gervinho decided to bitch slap him.

and that's fair enough. i wonder who you'd rather line up against on a saturday afternoon though? barton or obertan?

I think that Joey would probably like to stay with us in an ideal world. He obviously likes the fans, the city and the region and is settled here. However he's seen that the club has no real ambitions beyond survival, and most importantly no doubt feels unwanted by the club who will be making him unemployed next summer. I'm sure that like the other players that have been sold recently he seriously dislikes the people running the club. QPR will no doubt offer him similar money to his present salary but on a long term contract. If they get relegated he can leave on a free if he wants, as Ba did, if he wants that in his contract.

QPR might be a smaller club than we are but they are certainly no less successful, in fact as we know there is hardly a club in the top two or three divisions that have won less than us over the last 40-50 years. Also they now have a motivated owner, who will invest in the club and try to make them better than they are, something it's very hard to say about our present ownership.

This last sentence is a very key one...

This last sentence is a very key one...

Yep. That's also what Joey will say if he moves. That the ownership at QPR is a lot more ambitious.

Undoubtedly.

:lol: and what reasonable explanation can be given for this being the case?

Undoubtedly.

:lol: and what reasonable explanation can be given for this being the case?

I think we need a striker and a quality left back far more than we need Barton.

Guest reefatoon

You might say that, but at the time of it happening I just thought, f***ing hell Joey your going to get sent off here. Luckily for him Gervinho decided to bitch slap him.

and that's fair enough. i wonder who you'd rather line up against on a saturday afternoon though? barton or obertan?

I have not seen much of Obertan to judge either way mate.  Saying that though, you get the cretins like Karl Henry, who want nothing better than to buckle Barton, so it will take that kind of attention away.