Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The idea that the unbiased truth comes from Joey Barton is insane though, even people who hate Ashley in the extreme must be able to see that he has a load of self interest, bitterness and self importance motivating him to say these things.

The idea that the unbiased truth comes from Joey Barton is insane though, even people who hate Ashley in the extreme must be able to see that he has a load of self interest, bitterness and self importance motivating him to say these things.

And inside knowledge.  :pow:

I don't really see anyone defending Ashley, people are just saying Joey is as bad and should shut the fuck up. The only defending I have seen is of those players he has had a dig at.

In answer to theregulars, I thinks its clear as day Joey put his and his mates interest above this ambition he banged on about. He was having snide digs at Cabaye with no idea of how the player would perform and if he would contribute more for the team than Nolan

A few of the things he says are correct but he is agenda driven and this agenda revolves around Joey Barton, not the fans.

Him pointing out the obvious helps no one, does he think the fans are too thick to see it for themselves? Did his comments bring on some sort of realisation that we haven't spent the Carroll money? No they didn't, he just can't walk away from anything and just move on.

The sooner he shuts up the better but that won't happen for a while as he loves the attention too much.

Guest Rainforest

Jose`s rants were no less "snipey" though,  surely? He basically echoed Barton, so I dont think Joey is that far off tbh.

Its unfortunate that Mike is hiding behind the NUFC-banner, otherwise I suspect there would be far fewer voices defending Ashley just because he happends to be "on our side" by accident and Joey no longer is.

Jose's rants were while he was still at the club and angling for a move to a better club. He was entitled to it because he was a quality player who could attract the top clubs. Barton on the other hand is no longer a top player so just sounds like a berk talking about ambition. If we were ambitious you wouldn't be in our plans anyway you tit.

It was just about tolerated because for the time being he could still land us 6-7 million pounds, whereas with barton he just carries too much baggage for anyone to shell out money for him, hence he could be treated like a sack of s***.

As far as Barton not being a good fotballer anymore I guess we just have to agree to disagree, I still think that he has loads of things to offer to anyone in this division bar perhaps top 4-5. On his day he can easily slide into a england side, imho of course.

He is a very, very good footballer and letting him go for free was stupid, however he needs to realise how lucky he is that QPR with their rich owners were around. If it wasn't for them he would still be here, picking up his "pitiful" wage and paying back some of the backing and support he was given while he spent the first 3 seasons injured/in prison/suspensed.

I'm getting tired of Joey Barton already.  I like him, too.  I mean, we probably all like him because he's a footballer and tells it like it is.  But lets face it, the same reason he posts all that stuff on twitter is the same reason he tried to pick up Gervinho in the box: he can't control himself.  He feels aggrieved and rather than deal with the situation directly and letting it go, he takes it out in other areas.  If he wasn't a footballer and was, say, just friend whinging on Facebook hiow nmany of us would be reading his post, rolling our eyes and considering hiding his feeds?

On the idea that the club did Joey a favor by not sacking him, that's BS, too.  The club wanted to sack him.  He hadn't done s*** and was going to jail.  I'm sure they looked into terminating his contract, discovered that it would have been messy and expensive and instead chose to "stand by him".  I wouldn't doubt for a moment though that that fact wasn't brought up to Barton's agent every time an extension was discussed.  And, let's be real Joey only gave us one really good year.  Smart money would have been to pass on the new contract in part because of his actions against Arsenal.  He is a loose cannon and as much as I would have preferred to keep him one never knows when he's going to blow up.

As for Ashley, he sounds like a cagey businessman but as far as football goes, he's a numpty. Until he relies on someone with some real football knowledge as opposed to the lackeys he surrounds himself with, he's doomed to make the same mistakes.  Derek just wants to keep his job.  Pardew just wanted a job.  Both are left to dangle from Ashleys belt as he blunders through the footballing world oblivious to the shamockery he's become.

Guest Rainforest

I agree with you, and the fact of the matter is that he has only given us one good season. Thing is though, that was LAST season and we should have given him the chance to keep "paying us back" by finally playing well and giving back to the club, instead of chucking him out just when he was starting to make sense investmentwise, just when he found his form we let him go.

For me it looks like we severed the cord just when it was starting to make sense not doing it, and that imho is a pity.

I'm getting tired of Joey Barton already.  I like him, too.  I mean, we probably all like him because he's a footballer and tells it like it is.  But lets face it, the same reason he posts all that stuff on twitter is the same reason he tried to pick up Gervinho in the box: he can't control himself.  He feels aggrieved and rather than deal with the situation directly and letting it go, he takes it out in other areas.  If he wasn't a footballer and was, say, just friend whinging on Facebook hiow nmany of us would be reading his post, rolling our eyes and considering hiding his feeds?

On the idea that the club did Joey a favor by not sacking him, that's BS, too.  The club wanted to sack him.  He hadn't done s*** and was going to jail.  I'm sure they looked into terminating his contract, discovered that it would have been messy and expensive and instead chose to "stand by him".  I wouldn't doubt for a moment though that that fact wasn't brought up to Barton's agent every time an extension was discussed.  And, let's be real Joey only gave us one really good year.  Smart money would have been to pass on the new contract in part because of his actions against Arsenal.  He is a loose cannon and as much as I would have preferred to keep him one never knows when he's going to blow up.

As for Ashley, he sounds like a cagey businessman but as far as football goes, he's a numpty. Until he relies on someone with some real football knowledge as opposed to the lackeys he surrounds himself with, he's doomed to make the same mistakes.  Derek just wants to keep his job.  Pardew just wanted a job.  Both are left to dangle from Ashleys belt as he blunders through the footballing world oblivious to the shamockery he's become.

You think we couldn't have done what we have just done and made him available for free?

I would have kept him rather than letting him walk away like he did.  If I thought he was a good gamble, I would have discussed a contract in December or just let him walk away after the season.  But someone made the point that if QPR hadn't suddenly become flush no one wouldn't have wanted him and their is a good reason for that.  The man has skills, there is absolutely no doubt of that.

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/black-white/barton_names_next_four_newcastle_players_to_leave_1_3736485

Barton names next four Newcastle players to leave

FORMER Toon star Joey Barton has predicted the next four players to leave St James’s Park.

Barton joined Queens Park Rangers last week, and took to his Twitter site yesterday to say more will follow him out in the next 12 months.

The midfielder wrote: “Cheik Tiote and Tim Krul will be sold as soon as there’s a significant bid or they ask for a new deal.

“Jonas Gutierrez and Fabricio Coloccini will also be off by this time next year.

“I feel sorry for the Geordie nation. Ashley and Llambias don’t deserve that club or its following.

“I’m sure they think people are stupid.

“Nice to see Ashley and Llambias come through with their promise to reinvest Andy Carroll money.

“That’s a £59m net profit from transfers in the last five seasons. Ambition?”

Mike Ashley allowed Barton to leave for free after he criticised the board on Twitter.

Guest Roger Kint

Has the publicity obsessed little prick even mentioned his new club yet? Really hope all this shit comes back to haunt him a week Monday, he needs to let go and shut the fuck up  :idiot2:

Guest Rainforest

Harsh, Cabaye is looking decent but people are quick to slant Barton off as shit.  An in-form Barton is not something I enjoy playing.

Harsh, Cabaye is looking decent but people are quick to slant Barton off as s***.  An in-form Barton is not something I enjoy playing.

He got a new leash of life because we played him on the right, he's more than likely going to be centre-mid for QPR...with Derry as his partner. I think he'll struggle a lot this year.

Guest Rainforest

Harsh, Cabaye is looking decent but people are quick to slant Barton off as s***.  An in-form Barton is not something I enjoy playing.

:lol:

What! As far as midfielders go there are worse players than him :lol:

Guthrie  :shifty:

Smith  :shifty:

New Shrek Gosling :shifty:

Some great tweets by that cunt! Can't imagine his former teammates being too happy with that. He's shit stirring for the sake of it, and no fucker can tell me it's good on him because he points the finger at Ashley and Dekka. Warnock and QPR should shut him the fuck up! Plus if I were a QPR fan, I wouldn't be happy with a player who showed in public just how bitter he was to leave his old club, having signed for a new one.

Twat of the highest order.

It's none of your business you f***ing attention whore.

He is right tho.

So what? Does he deserve a biscuit? Trawl the threads for the players he's mentioned, and you'll see how many times people have posted suspecting they would be sold this window or that. We already know this! There's no need for him to stir shit, when it will have absolutely no impact on the situation whatsoever.