Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Karl Henry is a thug, an absolute donkey who literally just smashes people, he has no footballing ability.  It was also he who started all this war of words and decided he was going to kick seven shades out of Barton.  Since then he's lost 4-1 and 3-0 when playing against him, Barton has also arguably been MOTM on both occassions. 

Not sure I believe this prick, even if I did, does it give Henry carte blanche to start booting him up in the air?  Strange how he only mentions it now he's been made to look a c*** by Barton. #helmet

tbf he only does things like that to wind opposition players up, and clearly it works. I very much doubt he does it in everyday life.

:nods:

I reckon so too.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Going officially on record, as saying Lee Dixon is crap, on Motd. Hansen is brilliant. Dixo and Colin Murray are really bad! P45's please

20 hours ago

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@LeeDixon2 morning, any post arrived?

8 hours ago

Haha. :lol:

Not really went on Barton's twitter much since he joined QPR, still makes for great reading.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Barton also bragged to a load of journalists about how much he earns and I doubt Kelvin Henry is bright enough to make that up.

I much prefer footballers to say it like it is and cut through the bullshit. Barton, other than his philosophy bollocks is generally always interesting to listen to.

Give me a Joey Barton ahead of a stereotypical footballer tossed like Ashley Cole or Wayne Bridge anyday.

Having said that, I'm still kind of glad that the circus has left town.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For whatever reason, perhaps pride in my own work, I'm currently defending Joey Barton's mental traits. People won't accept that generally he's not a dirty player. They seem to think he's someone who gets countless red cards a season, and causes a fight every other game.

Red Cards 3

Yellow Cards 56

Total Cards 59

Fouls 319

Fouls/Cards Ratio 0.18

That's Joey Barton's disciplinary record over his Premiership career. Seriously, other Football Manager researchers drive me nuts.

Anyone else thinking that Barton now might be part of some kind of sect? I know, probably way of the mark but, selling his Aston Martin, saying how stupid a collection of exclusive watches is? I mean, he clearly has the money to have that all....

Would be a heavy change of mind if it really came all from himself.

For whatever reason, perhaps pride in my own work, I'm currently defending Joey Barton's mental traits. People won't accept that generally he's not a dirty player. They seem to think he's someone who gets countless red cards a season, and causes a fight every other game.

Red Cards 3

Yellow Cards 56

Total Cards 59

Fouls 319

Fouls/Cards Ratio 0.18

That's Joey Barton's disciplinary record over his Premiership career. Seriously, other Football Manager researchers drive me nuts.

Any idea how that compares to other, similar players?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Red Cards 3

Yellow Cards 56

Total Cards 59

Fouls 319

Fouls/Cards Ratio 0.18

Any idea how that compares to other, similar players?

Charlie Adam

Red Cards 1

Yellow Cards 13

Total Cards 14

Fouls 81

Fouls/Cards Ratio 0.17

Lee Clatterall

Red Cards 5

Yellow Cards 50

Total Cards 55

Fouls 225

Fouls/Cards Ratio 0.24

The Tiote

Red Cards 0

Yellow Cards 16

Total Cards 16

Fouls 89

Fouls/Cards Ratio 0.18

Karl Henry

Red Cards 2

Yellow Cards 15

Total Cards 17

Fouls 124

Fouls/Cards Ratio 0.14

Guest Haris Vuckic

What about the stats for beating the living shit out of team mates & kids outside McDonalds or the cigar to face completion rate of each player?  :cheesy:

Guest johnson293

What about the stats for beating the living shit out of team mates & kids outside McDonalds or the cigar to face completion rate of each player?  :cheesy:

:spit: 

Anyone else thinking that Barton now might be part of some kind of sect? I know, probably way of the mark but, selling his Aston Martin, saying how stupid a collection of exclusive watches is? I mean, he clearly has the money to have that all....

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It was more his on field behaviour I was trying to play down, but aye.  :laugh:

Anyone else thinking that Barton now might be part of some kind of sect?

No, not really :lol:

:lol:

Ok, ok....

Joey Barton claims Gervinho incident stopped Arsenal move

By Michael Da Silva

BBC Sport Joey Barton Barton was in talks with several clubs over the summer, including Arsenal

New Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton claims he was very close to joining Arsenal last month.

But the midfielder, 29, who was playing for Newcastle at the time, says an incident that saw Arsenal's Gervinho sent off ended his hopes of a move.

Barton was criticised for going to ground too easily as the forward was red-carded by referee Peter Walton.

"If I hadn't played against Arsenal on the first day, I may have signed for them," Barton said.

"There were a couple of conversations [with Arsene Wenger] but that's different to actually signing.

"The Gervinho incident happened and there's nothing I can do about it now. If it happened again, I'd like to think I'd deal with it differently.

"Things happen for a reason and there's a lesson to be learned from it. Right now we sit above Arsenal in the table - hopefully that's the case in May."

Barton was made available on a free transfer by Newcastle after the player criticised the way the club was being run on Twitter.

He played two games for Newcastle this season - against Arsenal and Sunderland - before making his QPR debut against his former club.

Barton said: "There were a couple of offers on the table but now I'm really happy to be at QPR and in London. We play an expansive and exciting brand of football and can hopefully surprise a few people this season."

Barton was in the news this week for claiming Wolves midfielder Karl Henry was an "idiot" and "inferior" after a clash between the pair in QPR's 3-0 victory. Henry responded by calling the former Manchester City player "embarrassing".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15008071.stm

Guest Haris Vuckic

Warren Barton

warrenbarton2 Warren Barton

Joey...arsenal...also was it man utd, barca as well .. Have you been smoking with Mick