Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just find it a bit odd when for 66% of their career here they were a massive waste of wages and we had players like Colo and Jose putting in consistent, brilliant performances. The vast majority wanted him out before the start of last season for good reason.

Just find it a bit odd when for 66% of their career here they were a massive waste of wages and we had players like Colo and Jose putting in consistent, brilliant performances. The vast majority wanted him out before the start of last season for good reason.

Fair enough, but then as I say it's personal opinion, I quite like Joey and find him interesting to listen to. He does seem to try a bit hard to fit in/not conform to being a stereotypical footballer as of late, but that's just who he is, a bit nutty :lol: FWIW I much prefer Colo :p

Because he's bitter. After both himself and his stupid agent were deluded enough to believe Arsenal would even consider signing him.

Well, according to him, if it wasn't for the Gervinho incident there may have been some grounding to it.

I don't think Barton would make up that conversation.  It has to have happened, but not transpired in such a way Joey would want us to believe.  Or it did and Wenger wasn't portraying his true intentions.

Because he's bitter. After both himself and his stupid agent were deluded enough to believe Arsenal would even consider signing him.

Given that he's the captain of a team that's just lost 6-0, maybe he should be paying attention to problems nearer home.

I do wonder whether he's got his eye on a career in the media after his retirement. As with the example of Robbie Savage, the TV people seem to be going for a 'personality' who can be a bit 'outspoken', within reason. Talking crap or talking in cliches would not disqualify him.

Given that he's the captain of a team that's just lost 6-0, maybe he should be paying attention to problems nearer home.

I do wonder whether he's got his eye on a career in the media after his retirement. As with the example of Robbie Savage, the TV people seem to be going for a 'personality' who can be a bit 'outspoken', within reason. Talking crap or talking in cliches is not a disqualification.

He definitely seems to be angling for something in the media after he's finished playing.

Nice edit. Not unless they're queer.

I don't think there's anything negative or 'queer' like you say really about caring about a player who's left the football club just over a month ago tbh.

There were players I've stoped following immediately, like Cacapa or Emre. They went and were gone for good.

In Barton's case it would always be something different imo. Especially for me as he's been my favourite player and the fact that I still like him.

I always got the impression you didn't like Barton. :undecided:

Really? :lol:

I think it is well documented how much I defended him again and again over the years and how devestated I was the day he signed for QPR.

For me, it was just unbelievable to have lost him after he even played in the first 2 games of the season. Think I've just been very lucky that I was there at SJP to see him play his last home game for us.

Thought it would be much more difficult for me to get over this. Probably it was good to play them that early in the season because I think that game against QPR really ended the 'chapter Barton' for many.

I do wonder whether he's got his eye on a career in the media after his retirement. As with the example of Robbie Savage, the TV people seem to be going for a 'personality' who can be a bit 'outspoken', within reason. Talking crap or talking in cliches is not a disqualification.

He definitely seems to be angling for something in the media after he's finished playing.

Nailed on for Strictly Come Dancing.

Him and Robbie Savage to have a show together :pow:

Nice edit. Not unless they're queer.

I don't think there's anything negative or 'queer' like you say really about caring about a player who's left the football club just over a month ago tbh.

There were players I've stoped following immediately, like Cacapa or Emre. They went and were gone for good.

In Barton's case it would always be something different imo. Especially for me as he's been my favourite player and the fact that I still like him.

I always got the impression you didn't like Barton. :undecided:

Really? :lol:

I think it is well documented how much I defended him again and again over the years.

:)

They could name it Savage Barton: Truly Deeply Mad.

This deserves recognition. :lol:

This deserves recognition. :lol:

I'd definitely watch that :laugh: