Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Football's bans for violence are excessive in general in my opinion. Unless you intentionally injure someone or have an actual brawl on the pitch, there is no need for suspensions to be more than a few matches. The idea where violent conduct is automatically three matches is mad as well.

Guest bimpy474

Because what Barton did was stupid but no worse than what the likes of Bowyer/Dyer did and countless other violent incidents. Should be more than 3 games since he did it twice, but I think it's far more important that a message is sent out over racism.

Is this a joke? Bowyer and Dyer threw a few punches at each other. Barton struck Tevez, kneed Augero unprovoked and from behind, then tried to headbutt Kompany who was merely trying to diffuse the situation.

The cunt should be banned for 20 games.

While i agree with nearly of this mate, if you thought Kompany was moving forward in a diffusing kind of manner you must be mental. He was aggressive and quite right to be too, just sticking up for his own players.

20 games isn't long enough though, 200 would better for me like.

Guest bimpy474

He was, as a captain, trying to protect his own players by helping get that wanker off the pitch.

Looking at the vid of it thats not quite was he was up to, he was going for Joey (imo), its shame he got stopped, would have been nice to see Joey get duffed up, if only to shut his gob up.

He was, as a captain, trying to protect his own players by helping get that wanker off the pitch.

Looking at the vid of it thats not quite was he was up to, he was going for Joey (imo), its shame he got stopped, would have been nice to see Joey get duffed up, if only to shut his gob up.

It's not a shame at all, would've been mission accomplished in terms of Joey 'trying to take one with him'.

Guest bimpy474

It's not a shame at all, would've been mission accomplished in terms of Joey 'trying to take one with him'.

Taking it too literally mate, i just meant Joey getting his come uppance, not Kompany giving Joey his 'trying to take one with him' as you pointed out.

Mind you, Joey punched flat out wouldn't really have given him his 'trying to take one with him' moment in the way he meant it.

Guest Roger Kint

Hasnt Barton got a suspended sentence hanging over him from punching Pedersen or did i imagine him getting that?  :undecided:

Guest Roger Kint

yeah but nobody has reported what happened at man city to the police.

What has the police got to do with a suspended league ban? FWIW he didnt get one on top of the 3 games, must have just been suggested by the media at the time rather than actually happening.

Guest bimpy474

Been confirmed on Total Sport - 12 games. :D Wonder what his reaction will be?

Probably headbutted Trevor Brooking.

Hope he doesn't miss the game at SJP, I want him to get the stick he deserves.

Eh?  Why does he deserve stick off us?  Was brilliant in his last season, didn't want to leave and has been nothing but nice to us since he left.

Doesn't deserve to be boo'd by our fans regardless of what you think of him as a person imo.

Hope he doesn't miss the game at SJP, I want him to get the stick he deserves.

Eh?  Why does he deserve stick off us?  Was brilliant in his last season, didn't want to leave and has been nothing but nice to us since he left.

Doesn't deserve to be boo'd by our fans regardless of what you think of him as a person imo.

The way he basically begged to be sold via his public rants was pathetic and made us a laughing stock yet again. That's on top of everything else he did which embarrassed us, the club and himself.