Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

He will get booed, but only during the game. I expect him to get some sort of applause pre and post match (much like the reception he got from our fans at Loftus Road this season).

He left on somewhat good terms with the fans, it was the board he didn't get along with. IMHO, the main reason he's hated more these days are his Twitter antics and of course his shitness/craziness on the pitch.

Guest palnese

He spent 4 years here, and had ONE good season. And let's face it, he wasn't that good last year. The rest he spent injured, suspended, in jail or just playing average/shite.

What a waste of a shirt.

Hope he doesn't miss the game at SJP, I want him to get the stick he deserves.

Eh?  Why does he deserve stick off us?  Was brilliant in his last season, didn't want to leave and has been nothing but nice to us since he left.

Doesn't deserve to be boo'd by our fans regardless of what you think of him as a person imo.

When you do things like that about a man like Alan Shearer . I'm I, I, I've kept really quiet, but I'll tell you something: he went down in my estimation when he said that.

Hope he doesn't miss the game at SJP, I want him to get the stick he deserves.

Eh?  Why does he deserve stick off us?  Was brilliant in his last season, didn't want to leave and has been nothing but nice to us since he left.

Doesn't deserve to be boo'd by our fans regardless of what you think of him as a person imo.

When you do things like that about a man like Alan Shearer . I'm I, I, I've kept really quiet, but I'll tell you something: he went down in my estimation when he said that.

:embarrassed:

Completely forgot about that.

He spent 4 years here, and had ONE good season. And let's face it, he wasn't that good last year. The rest he spent injured, suspended, in jail or just playing average/s****.

What a waste of a shirt.

Spot on.

He spent 4 years here, and had ONE good season. And let's face it, he wasn't that good last year. The rest he spent injured, suspended, in jail or just playing average/s****.

What a waste of a shirt.

I think one season is being generous... Once we sold Carroll his game seem to degenerate... Terrible signing and thats not even with hindsight... The fact we had to pay the £800k loyalty bonus to Man City to pass on to him set the tone for the whole 4yrs...

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton_

12 GAME BAN for nothing, yet SUAREZ gets an 8 GAME BAN for racism?!?!?! FA is a joke! RT in support #justiceforbarton

edit parody account my mistake

Has a point though.  The Suarez ban was no where near enough.  They need to be setting precedents with these kinds of bans.  Half season ban and I would wager no one would do it again.

Compared to the Suarez ban it looks harsh, but I suppose the Suarez ban was over 1 incident a very bad incident but still only 1, I actually think it deserved a long ban.

Barton's ban consists of 3 separate incidents, when you break it down Barton's is a fair punishment in my opinion.

His actions in his last few weeks at Newcastle were poor, he was using the negative relationship between the fans and the board to his advantage. I thought he was bearing all when the time was right about what went on at Newcastle. Prick deserves everything he is getting right now.

I can't stand the guy anymore but seriously 12 games is a bit harsh.

3 red card offences and he has already been sent off this season (that makes the next ban 4 right?).

Seems spot on, if not a little lenient iyam.

Still surprised more hasn't been made of the fact that the Aguero 'challenge' was a pre-meditated attack. That alone got Keane an extra 5 matches after admitting it on Haaland, and that was still in-play, let alone when it's all died down and there's no ball being played anywhere on the pitch.

3 red card offences and he has already been sent off this season (that makes the next ban 4 right?).

Well.. I don't know. Maybe it's fair after all. But 3 red card offences? Tevez, Aguero and?

Guest guinness_fiend

Well.. I don't know. Maybe it's fair after all. But 3 red card offences? Tevez, Aguero and?

Kompany - attempted headbutt.

As embarrassing as the attempt was, it was still an attempt to headbutt Kompany.