Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bryan Swanson ‏ @skysports_bryan

Joey Barton asked for extension before responding to FA charges. FA has agreed to new deadline of midday tomorrow. #qprfc

why are the fa agreeing to this

Tbf, If I was facing the equivalent disciplinary panel for gross misconduct in my profession, I'm sure they'd move it back to accommodate the fact that I fucked off on holiday with prior knowledge said meeting was forthcoming...

Hope he at least takes Tevez out for 3 games, not that the cunt would be bothered, would see it as an extended summer to play golf.

Fuker should get a heavy fine for the rip Fergie sign, but he won't.

He shouldn't even be playing in England any more. Mancini is a pussy. Same goes for Balotelli-gate "never playing for Man City again" and in the first possible game he can he puts him on.

Whole club is a disgrace, from top to bottom.  All deserve one another, damn shame they've a title to show from being the worlds biggest cockends, fans included.

Have I missed something about the original punch from Tevez not being cited?

From watching it on Sunday, it looked as though Tevez reacted poorly to a hard (but fair) sliding tackle by Barton near the corner flag (Tevez pulled out from going for the ball), he then shoulder barged Barton as he went past.

A minute or two later, Tevez is rolling around on the floor after clashing with Barton.

Replay showed Tevez striking Barton with his hand/fist and Barton retaliating with an elbow to the neck/face. The linesman on the far side flagged for the retaliation (he saw that?) but not the initial hit. Why?

???

Because the lino was on the other side of the pitch, his view put Tevez as the furthest player from him, Barton obstructing his direct line of sight to Tevez, as with most of these incidents, its the retaliating that gets seen.

It takes a second or so for the lino to realise whats going on as he would have been watching for offside first and foremost, its just a luck thing that Tevez didn't get seen and Barton did imo, but Tevez should be charged too.

Ok, so the linesman can be excused his assumption because Barton was 'in his line of sight' (don't think that holds true, like) but why hasn't Tevez been charged afterwards?

I don't the replay showed Tevez 'striking' Barton. He was over aggressive in contact, but it wasn't comparable to what Joey did.

His initial punch at Barton was worse than the 'elbow jab' that Barton retaliated with, you could tell it stemmed from the earlier challenge as well.

Don't condone either player, but I understand some of Barton's frustration when Tevez seemingly got away with being the aggressor. (his subsequent overreaction hasn't garnered him any sympathy, like)

Joey Barton has accepted an FA charge against him for violent conduct against Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero.

The Queens Park Rangers player has denied a second charge of alleged violent conduct against Manchester City’s Vincent Kompany. The player has requested a personal hearing, the date of which has yet to be set.

Both charges against Barton are in relation to Sunday’s match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

Following the player’s dismissal in the 54th minute of the fixture, there followed two incidents involving Aguero and Kompany. As Barton had already been dismissed, both of these incidents fell outside of the jurisdiction of the referee.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2012/joey-barton-qpr-man-city-appeal-response

I'm glad the crazy bastard wasn't crazy enough to deny kneeing Aguero. Still can't believe he's denying the Kompany incident either regardless of whether he made contact its clear he tried nutting him, as long as the FA don't think that no contact means no violence then he should be punished for that as well.

Tevez is no angel in all of this but given the fallout afterwards its no surprise that was missed. Its a pity there is no team citing option really like in rugby, its clear that Tevez provoked I think QPR have the right to complain about this, as we had the right to complain for the Rooney on Colo argument.

Joey Barton 'based personality on Swayze in Road House'

FOOTBALLER Joey Barton has confessed to stealing his philosophising tough guy persona from the lead character in the 1989 movie Road House.

The film, regarded as a cult classic, stars Swayze as a professional nightclub bouncer and is famous for lines including ‘Nobody ever wins a fight,’ and ‘Be nice until it’s time not to be nice’.

QPR player Barton apparently saw the film on Channel 5 while at the Sporting Chance clinic and realised he could belt as many people as he liked if he came out with a few supposedly deep statements in between.

He said: “It started at City when I got a red card and told the lads, ‘Take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee and he’ll drop like a stone.’

“I thought they’d know it from the film, but Stuart Pearce nodded slowly like I’d said something really wise and I realised I could get away with this.

“You should have seen Alan Shearer’s face when I said ‘I used to fuck guys like you in prison’. Although thinking back on it I’m not sure whether that was anger or mild arousal.”