Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Knows he's on his way out of the club. He's served his purpose as far as Ashley's concerned and will be cut adrift.

He had the chance to sign in January and chose not to. The club have obviously chosen to try and replace him. Wonder where he'll end up?  ???

I reckon it's the news about Cabaye that prompted his outburst today. That tweet above sounds very jealous to me.

Think you're reading a bit much into it there, like. Just sounds like a half-arsed attempt at covering his back and being 'consistent' re: "we need to spend" comments.

I think the comments about "younger, cheaper, etc" earlier were more about his agent wanting x dollars for x years and the powers that be wanting to give less money for less years.  Don't think he's really too concerned with someone being brought in to "replace" him at the moment. 

It's interesting to contrast Joey's behaviour with Tiote's. Tiote was attracting interest from a number of other clubs, but he signed up without waiting to see which other players were going to be brought in or how much money would be spent. It also looks like he's been active behind the scenes in encouraging other players to come. He's shown an unselfish commitment to the cause.

On the other hand, Joey decided he didn't want to commit himself until he knew what other players were going to come, and then spent the next few months publicly lecturing the owner about what he should be doing in a way that did the image of the club no good at all. It all seemed like a massive ego-trip that wouldnt have impressed his team-mates either. For me, that's disrespect.

I'm fed up with him. Playing him in the right mid with his kind of pace is a liability in my eyes when we got no carroll to aim early crosses too. Get rid of the money grabber now. So he can whinge about his england spot somewhere else.

He's so full of himself I bet he even stores his own farts for special occasions.

Guest palnese

I'm fed up with him. Playing him in the right mid with his kind of pace is a liability in my eyes when we got no carroll to aim early crosses too. Get rid of the money grabber now. So he can whinge about his england spot somewhere else.

He's so full of himself I bet he even stores his own farts for special occasions.

I'd love to store my own farts.

Guest toonlass

Could just as easily be read he is enthused with the signing and hopes he's the first of many and we need to build a strong team.

Nah man, we're on a week where we all hate Joey, he's a nasty, evil cunt.

Post this again a week today. Then we'll all think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

It's like a bi-polar's convention in here at times.

Knows he's on his way out of the club. He's served his purpose as far as Ashley's concerned and will be cut adrift.

He had the chance to sign in January and chose not to. The club have obviously chosen to try and replace him. Wonder where he'll end up?  ???

Yes. He had the chance but blew it by thinking he had too much leverage. I suppose he let his first good season with us, and his first good season in football for a good 6 or 7 years, get to his head, and now he's going to pay for it. He'll never get the same money from another club and if he ends up leaving, I bet you he'll end up signing for less than what we offered (because we wouldn't have asked him to take a 50% paycut after a good season). I don't know what his agent is doing letting him signing up to twitter and venting like this. It's not exactly conducive to creating a good team spirit when you have a player openly criticising his boss, and every other manager/owner in the Premiership will be aware of this, and of course they're aware of his terrible past. I'm always for second chances but Barton's on his umpteenth and he still hasn't learnt the concept of 'doing the talking on the pitch'.

Best thing that could happen now is joey deletes his twitter a/c,  disappears off the planet until mid august and quietly signs a contract in setember/october

yes but this is NUFC and Barton, things are never simple with either on their own never mind put together like this

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a slightly above average Premier League player who has become an integral player for us in so much as we are an extremely average side and not because he is such a great player, although he is a decent Toon player, but overall he isn't a player we can ill-afford to lose. I'd like us to keep him because he's decent for us but if we were to lose him I wouldn't be too disappointed. Without knowing all the details, I think the club are right on this one.

He's a slightly above average Premier League player who has become an integral player for us in so much as we are an extremely average side and not because he is such a great player, although he is a decent Toon player, but overall he isn't a player we can ill-afford to lose. I'd like us to keep him because he's decent for us but if we were to lose him I wouldn't be too disappointed. Without knowing all the details, I think the club are right on this one.

I agree with this. I'm not worried at all if we lose Barton. On the whole, his time with us has been disappointing and at times very embarrassing to our club. Even this season, where he has been a key player for us, he's shown flashes of his mental instability. If we do get somebody younger, cheaper, and better, then that's good news.

He may be right to be frustrated with Ashley and co., but he should remember that the club has stuck with him through tough times and have shown him a lot of patience and support. The fact that he can't see that and has chosen to publicly call management out is just a sign of his continued immaturity, imo.

Guest BooBoo

I'd be concerned about the message this will send to the dressing room.

"Thanks Joey, here's your Fans Player of the Year trophy. Now do fuck off as we dont want you any more."