Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Can say what he likes as far as I'm concerned. High time somebody within the club called these charlatans out. Just like KK, he'll be called worse than s*** for trying to get people to cotton on to the disgusting way our club is being run. He's a goner anyway and Enrique, Tiote, Colo and Jonas won't be long after him.

They aren't doing anything illegal. Those charlatans pay his wages he should act in a professional manner.

Guest schmuck

Can say what he likes as far as I'm concerned. High time somebody within the club called these charlatans out. Just like KK, he'll be called worse than s*** for trying to get people to cotton on to the disgusting way our club is being run. He's a goner anyway and Enrique, Tiote, Colo and Jonas won't be long after him.

Come on man Wullie. As far as the national press, etc. were concerned, upto now this was simply "Nolan having medical with West Ham". Now all of a sudden, Sky Sports News are reporting "Barton, Jose Enrique & Jonas next" on the back of one sentence. The man is thick as mince.

Who gives a fuck what Sky Sports are reporting? You know what it's based on, ergo you know it's meaningless.

Come on man Wullie. As far as the national press, etc. were concerned, upto now this was simply "Nolan having medical with West Ham". Now all of a sudden, Sky Sports News are reporting "Barton, Jose Enrique & Jonas next" on the back of one sentence. The man is thick as mince.

Who gives a f*** what Sky Sports are reporting? You know what it's based on, ergo you know it's meaningless.

It's based on a moment of stupidity from Joey Barton. He doesn't say that, nowt's made of it.

Only on Newcastle Online could folk be more annoyed about one of our key players putting a comment on the internet than another key player being sold. :lol:

Only you could make such a sweeping generalisation based on selective reading of posts.

Guest toonlass

Only on Newcastle Online could folk be more annoyed about one of our key players putting a comment on the internet than another key player being sold. :lol:

Aye.

Not exactly going to inspire others to join either, is it? I bet players who were considering us weren't thinking, "Oh shit, Nolan's leaving. Won't bother going there".

Now all of a sudden, there's going to be speculation about Barton and two key first-team players leaving on the back of one moment of idiocy. That's going to really entice targets now. The blokes a prick.

Not exactly going to inspire others to join either, is it? I bet players who were considering us weren't thinking, "Oh shit, Nolan's leaving. Won't bother going there".

Now all of a sudden, there's going to be speculation about Barton and two key first-team players leaving on the back of one moment of idiocy. That's going to really entice targets now. The blokes a prick.

Surely. Barton's a prick and Ashley & Derek are heroes.

You say "Come on man" as if you're hoping that he'll eventually show some reason? I'd give up the fight if I were you.

Surely. Barton's a prick and Ashley & Derek are heroes.

Is it now literally impossible to have a discussion without these stupid assumptions and stereotypes?

I like Barton as much as the next fan- he's good player who wears his heart on his sleeve- but that's a silly comment to make. Yes, his "I tell it like it is" attitude makes for good reading, but his recent 'tweet' will do nothing but create more problems and can only be detrimental to the club's progress.

I like Barton as much as the next fan- he's good player who wears his heart on his sleeve- but that's a silly comment to make. Yes, his "I tell it like it is" attitude makes for good reading, but his recent 'tweet' will do nothing but create more problems and can only be detrimental to the club's progress.

:no:

No-one's saying anything like that (apart from the Barton prick thing).

The whole Twitter comment was just unneccessary, that's all, and is going to bring more bad press.

This and this.

Guest firetotheworks

He can say what he likes and always does. I'm pleased there's someone in the team that cuts the smoke and mirrors bullshit and calls a spade a spade. If we're so clearly being ran this badly, there needs to be a certain level of transparency to the people who keep every single one of them in their job.

He needs to shut the f*** up to be honest. There was nothing wrong with the tweet until the hashtag... there's just no need.

Why should he shut up? He's being jerked around as much as anyone!

Perhaps because he's on an extortionate amount of money to behave professionally?

Don't waste your time. She's in Joey the reformed church.

Unprofessional in the extreme. He's a prat. Always was, always will be.

He can say what he likes and always does. I'm pleased there's someone in the team that cuts the smoke and mirrors bullshit and calls a spade a spade. If we're so clearly being ran this badly, there needs to be a certain level of transparency to the people who keep every single one of them in their job.

He's lost his mate and has spat his dummy out. Thought he was bigger than that.

How anyone can defend Barton here is beyond me like, I'm all for free speech but there is a line :lol:

"He's just a cheeky chappy" is about the only thing I could use to marginaly defend his comments. No matter how much of a clear bunch of bellends our owners are, they are his bosses.

Mike would be well within his rights to fine Joey I would have thought like, and if anything he's just making it easier for them to get rid.

Disagree. Most companies (particularly football clubs) would seem totally chaotic if every discussion and possible future plan was broadcast to the world by disgruntled employees.

Barton isn't calling a spade a spade, he's assuming the worst based on his emotional attachment to Nolan and because he's pissed off at them both not being offered new deals.

If I wrote on Facebook or Twitter about my employers what he's said in the last month since he went on, I'd be sacked.

Guest firetotheworks

Like you wouldn't piss and moan if your bosses were running your company badly and making it stupidly more difficult for you.