Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

what's he said on twitter?  i'm on a shit internet connection and it takes age to do anything, someone please summarise

"Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext"

ta

and fucking hell :lol:

If my best mate in work was moved on in circumstances like Nolan I would be pissed yes but I would react like Barton with the fear the would sack me. Intact I've gone through a very difficult year in work which culminated in administration, I didn't tweet or facebook anything even though I had frustrations with management at the time. In the real world comments like Barton would not be accepted.

Can say what he likes as far as I'm concerned. High time somebody within the club called these charlatans out. Just like KK, he'll be called worse than s*** for trying to get people to cotton on to the disgusting way our club is being run. He's a goner anyway and Enrique, Tiote, Colo and Jonas won't be long after him.

Come on man Wullie. As far as the national press, etc. were concerned, upto now this was simply "Nolan having medical with West Ham". Now all of a sudden, Sky Sports News are reporting "Barton, Jose Enrique & Jonas next" on the back of one sentence. The man is thick as mince.

Who gives a f*** what Sky Sports are reporting? You know what it's based on, ergo you know it's meaningless.

It's based on a moment of stupidity from Joey Barton. He doesn't say that, nowt's made of it.

...And Ashley's position at the club only becomes stronger and more profitable. This stupid idea that if we just promise to quietly give him more money for as long as he's here, he'll go away quicker instead of hanging on for more, Jesus...

Last I saw...

IN

Cabaye

OUT

Nolan

with bids and interest in some players to improve the squad (Gameiro, Erdinc, Ba, etc).

Right, so I take it you're happy enough for him to keep running things here given his record. I'm not, and lots of people claim to agree with me.

Can say what he likes as far as I'm concerned. High time somebody within the club called these charlatans out. Just like KK, he'll be called worse than s*** for trying to get people to cotton on to the disgusting way our club is being run. He's a goner anyway and Enrique, Tiote, Colo and Jonas won't be long after him.

Come on man Wullie. As far as the national press, etc. were concerned, upto now this was simply "Nolan having medical with West Ham". Now all of a sudden, Sky Sports News are reporting "Barton, Jose Enrique & Jonas next" on the back of one sentence. The man is thick as mince.

Who gives a f*** what Sky Sports are reporting? You know what it's based on, ergo you know it's meaningless.

It's based on a moment of stupidity from Joey Barton. He doesn't say that, nowt's made of it.

...And Ashley's position at the club only becomes stronger and more profitable. This stupid idea that if we just promise to quietly give him more money for as long as he's here, he'll go away quicker instead of hanging on for more, Jesus...

Last I saw...

IN

Cabaye

OUT

Nolan

with bids and interest in some players to improve the squad (Gameiro, Erdinc, Ba, etc).

Right, so I take it you're happy enough for him to keep running things here given his record. I'm not, and lots of people claim to agree with me.

Not particularly no. But I don't think selling Nolan should warrant this reaction.

Like I just said in another thread Barton especially has to accept this and move on with the club or leave, credit to nolan for building the team spirtit but the players at the club have to continue the work he started now

He's right for therefore personally insults you? It's the Internet for gods sake man.

You can not say what Barton has just said in any job and not expect a reprimand, even if he was a cleaner, nevermind the position that he occupies. Your trying to defend the indefensible, no matter what his personal feelings are. Trailblazing, maverick Joey Barton is a myth, he's a big mouthed attention seeking twat that just can't help himself. I for one am not interested in a thing he says. Take off the blinkers.

I don't know for sure if you're talking to me, I don't understand some of it, and I don't know the relevancy of most of the rest of it.

It's not got a single thing to do with what I've said so far, but I don't see why the rule of thumb 'small people get shit on' has suddenly become morality. So you're a monkey at work who isn't really valued, so fuck? Doesn't make it right, just true. It's not even always true for those who are high enough up in the chain of life, anyway.

He's right for therefore personally insults you? It's the Internet for gods sake man.

You can not say what Barton has just said in any job and not expect a reprimand, even if he was a cleaner, nevermind the position that he occupies. Your trying to defend the indefensible, no matter what his personal feelings are. Trailblazing, maverick Joey Barton is a myth, he's a big mouthed attention seeking twat that just can't help himself. I for one am not interested in a thing he says. Take off the blinkers.

I don't know for sure if you're talking to me, I don't understand some of it, and I don't know the relevancy of most of the rest of it.

It's not got a single thing to do with what I've said so far, but I don't see why the rule of thumb 'small people get shit on' has suddenly become morality. So you're a monkey at work who isn't really valued, so fuck? Doesn't make it right, just true. It's not even always true for those who are high enough up in the chain of life, anyway.

Barton's not a minimum wage cleaner blowing the whistle on malpractice in a hospital man, he's a multi-millionaire footballer spitting his dummy out because him and his mate aren't getting the deals they want.

I think drawing conclusions about modern morality is taking it a bit too far!

Barton's not a minimum wage cleaner blowing the whistle on malpractice in a hospital man, he's a multi-millionaire footballer spitting his dummy out because him and his mate aren't getting the deals they want.

I think drawing conclusions about modern morality is taking it a bit too far!

I'm not, other people are. Apparently his boss isn't going to like him doing this and that makes him a bad man.

And I disagree about the simple deals explanation.

Guest Wally_McFool

If Barton said nowt, then is sold along Jose and Jonas,  you lot who are moaning at Joey now, would still be moaning like fuck.

On one hand, Barton may have been unprofessional and wrong to write that remark on twitter but on the other hand he could be warning the fans that these outgoings are already just about done and dusted.

The bloke says what he thinks and that will do me.

If Barton said nowt, then is sold along Jose and Jonas,  you lot who are moaning at Joey now, would still be moaning like f***.

On one hand, Barton may have been unprofessional and wrong to write that remark on twitter but on the other hand he could be warning the fans that these outgoings are already just about done and dusted.

The bloke says what he thinks and that will do me.

:thup:

Guest ykmkmdd

Sick of him now like - one decent season in 4 and thinks he's in a position to call the shots on how the club is run.

He was probably on his way out before - now he definitely is, one of the main reasons he's so gutted is that like Nolan he knows he leaving the biggest club he'll ever play for.

Don't see anything wrong whatsoever with what he tweeted.

You don't criticise your boss' decision in public.

It's completely unacceptable for someone like Barton to do it.

I said it a few months back but he started to mouth off as soon as people started to acknowledge the good season he was having. Just shut the fuck up and play, you tit. You've had one good season in four and suddenly you think you're the fan's spokesman?

He's an idiot who's too far up his own ass to realise that there is no such thing as being a hero in football. Players who mark themselves out from the rest on the pitch and who create the best memories will be loved by fans. Everyone else is forgotten with time. He'll be forgotten, and probably quickly too since he's not even close to earning his wages over the past four years, let alone the £5.8m we paid for him. I haven't forgotten the extra £0.3m that we had to pay because he wouldn't give up his loyalty bonus, either (and that kind of behaviour is certainly ringing a lot of bells).

Don't see anything wrong whatsoever with what he tweeted.

You don't criticise your boss' decision in public.

It's completely unacceptable for someone like Barton to do it.

I said it a few months back but he started to mouth off as soon as people started to acknowledge the good season he was having. Just shut the fuck up and play, you tit. You've had one good season in four and suddenly you think you're the fan's spokesman?

He's an idiot who's too far up his own ass to realise that there is no such thing as being a hero in football. Players who mark themselves out from the rest on the pitch and who create the best memories will be loved by fans. Everyone else is forgotten with time. He'll be forgotten, and probably quickly too since he's not even close to earning his wages over the past four years, let alone the £5.8m we paid for him. I haven't forgotten the extra £0.3m that we had to pay because he wouldn't give up his loyalty bonus, either (and that kind of behaviour is certainly ringing a lot of bells).

:lol: :lol: Since when was that a criticism? :lol:

All he said was that he'll miss a good friend and a good player.

You should find yourself a job in The Sun somewhere.... I think you would get in.

:facepalm:

Guest firetotheworks

Joey Barton's opinions and perceived unprofessionalism are quite clearly the lesser of two evils.

Joey Barton's opinions and perceived unprofessionalism are quite clearly the lesser of two evils.

Not really. I'm more concerned about the players who are here. For whatever reason Nolan's left, he wasn't going to be a regular if you consider we've signed Cabaye to partner Tiote. Barton's still a Newcastle player, he shouldn't be saying stuff like that.