Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't see anything wrong whatsoever with what he tweeted.

You don't criticise your boss' decision in public.

It's completely unacceptable for someone like Barton to do it.

I said it a few months back but he started to mouth off as soon as people started to acknowledge the good season he was having. Just shut the fuck up and play, you tit. You've had one good season in four and suddenly you think you're the fan's spokesman?

He's an idiot who's too far up his own ass to realise that there is no such thing as being a hero in football. Players who mark themselves out from the rest on the pitch and who create the best memories will be loved by fans. Everyone else is forgotten with time. He'll be forgotten, and probably quickly too since he's not even close to earning his wages over the past four years, let alone the £5.8m we paid for him. I haven't forgotten the extra £0.3m that we had to pay because he wouldn't give up his loyalty bonus, either (and that kind of behaviour is certainly ringing a lot of bells).

:lol: :lol: Since when was that a criticism? :lol:

All he said was that he'll miss a good friend and a good player.

You should find yourself a job in The Sun somewhere.... I think you would get in.

:facepalm:

'SOLD!'... 'mejoseandjonasnext'

Can you fucking read? If that is not criticism (whether veiled or not) and publicly positioning himself against the club on an issue that clearly he has no say on - and no player should ever have a public say in this - then I don't know what is.

Why couldn't he have just whinged like fuck to whoever he wanted but keep it private and limit the controversy? It's his M.O. to publicise everything.

Have a good game? I'm the best midfielder in England.

Offered a paycut since he's hardly earned his CL wages over the past four years? They want me out.

Remember that we offered him a deal which he had intimated that he was going to sign, until Carroll was sold and he said he would until the end of the season. He thought he had way more leverage than he did and he's going to be replaced.

He's a good player who I think should be able to repeat his performances next year, but it's obvious that he's not easy to handle and he's not good enough to have to put up with all the shit. He's not a Bellamy-type game-changer who needs to be pampered. He's a decent mid-table midfielder who has to play in a certain formation to be effective, but he doesn't realise this.

Great now the reports are including the fact that "Barton is fuming" into the mix. I'm sure that's helpful particularly as he mentioned other players, but he has freedom of expression and all, so I guess he can say what he wants!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

:weep:

Very true.

Yet more negative headlines thanks to Barton. He's clearly just fighting his own battles and it's very counter productive, similar to the way some people act on here.

It's sad to see Nolan go but Barton going would be a relief as it stands.

It's ironic that a lot of people think Ashley and Llambias are selfish and will do whatever it is that's in their best interests yet ignore the fact that Barton's just selfishly dragged two of his teammates into his own mess, as if Jose's and Jonas' situations are anything like his. Jonas doesn't even have a fucking situation, for fuck's sake.

And for what it's worth, you don't have to trawl through too many of my posts to find that I've been as harsh on the regime as anyone else, yet this is clearly unacceptable behaviour from Barton. He's just another footballer who thinks he's better than he actually is, so he'll be replaced and end up regretting leaving the club and forgoing the wages he could have had if he had signed a new contract six months ago when he truly had leverage. Now that the fact we have signed a CM and look to be signing at least one more, his leverage has all but disappeared.

Don't see anything wrong whatsoever with what he tweeted.

You don't criticise your boss' decision in public.

It's completely unacceptable for someone like Barton to do it.

I said it a few months back but he started to mouth off as soon as people started to acknowledge the good season he was having. Just shut the fuck up and play, you tit. You've had one good season in four and suddenly you think you're the fan's spokesman?

He's an idiot who's too far up his own ass to realise that there is no such thing as being a hero in football. Players who mark themselves out from the rest on the pitch and who create the best memories will be loved by fans. Everyone else is forgotten with time. He'll be forgotten, and probably quickly too since he's not even close to earning his wages over the past four years, let alone the £5.8m we paid for him. I haven't forgotten the extra £0.3m that we had to pay because he wouldn't give up his loyalty bonus, either (and that kind of behaviour is certainly ringing a lot of bells).

Good post.

Guest sicko2ndbest

No need for the hash

Fine him 2 weeks wages and ge rid.

I love the guy, the passion and his undoubed ability, but if we are alking hashtags surely the most appropriate one should read

#lawuntohimself

Sick of him now like - one decent season in 4 and thinks he's in a position to call the shots on how the club is run.

He was probably on his way out before - now he definitely is, one of the main reasons he's so gutted is that like Nolan he knows he leaving the biggest club he'll ever play for.

Totally agree

No need for the hash

Fine him 2 weeks wages and ge rid.

I love the guy, the passion and his undoubed ability, but if we are alking hashtags surely the most appropriate one should read

Time to lock the thread and move on

#lawuntohimself

FYP ;)

I wonder if he moans at Ashley as well at the end of the month when he sees £200,000 go into his bank account or whatever he's on. I'd guestimate he's "earned" at least £10m from this club in his 4-years for what, one season's work? He should shut the fuck up.

I wonder if he moans at Ashley as well at the end of the month when he sees £200,000 go into his bank account or whatever he's on. I'd guestimate he's "earned" at least £10m from this club in his 4-years for what, one season's work? He should shut the f*** up.

He probably earned more while in jail than most of us will in decades.

Joey should remember that it wasn't that long ago that he was rotting away in jail and NUFC (and Ashley) were the ones who supported him when nobody else would. He was even made captain for a spell this year. He owes a lot to this club for giving him the opportunity to have a good season last year after all his injuries and troubles off the pitch. I like him as a player, but his attitude is poor.

I wonder if he moans at Ashley as well at the end of the month when he sees £200,000 go into his bank account or whatever he's on. I'd guestimate he's "earned" at least £10m from this club in his 4-years for what, one season's work? He should shut the f*** up.

He probably earned more while in jail than most of us will in decades.

Right, not sure about this but I thought under law you cannot earn while serving a prison sentence? But still, owes us big time for just missing part of his contract.

I dont think I like him.

I think you can relate footballers to types of classmates from school. Joey is the kind of cheeky lad who trys to be canny to everyone, but you know he's really a cunt and would set about you if you said something out of tune. So you keep the peace and laugh at his shit jokes.

Aye, I never got bullied at school like  :weep:

SOLD!'... 'mejoseandjonasnext'

Can you fucking read? If that is not criticism (whether veiled or not) and publicly positioning himself against the club on an issue that clearly he has no say on - and no player should ever have a public say in this - then I don't know what is.

i didn't see that because it was highlighted in blue, don't normally bother with those bits on Twitter.

Anyhow, still don't see anything too much wrong with it. Yes, usually taking a dig in public against your manager or board is not a good idea..... but this board are hardly the Arsenal or Man Utd board? The fact that they got us relegated and, overall, have done a shit job, not to mention lie and mislead the fans, I'm happy to see someone, whether it's us or some of the players, criticise the shit out of them. It's nothing more than they deserve. Plus, Joey is off anyway, so might as well see someone tell it as it is? Or are you happy for those clowns to dictate our club as they please without even a hint of their vision explained to the fans?