Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Team banned from twitter... someone should probably tell the players then, LOL

Will be unceremoniously revealed to them along with notification of two week fine for breaking no-twittering rules.

I'll miss Sammi, Nile and Simmo on twitter like :(

Banning something because players tell the truth about them, ffs.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I wonder how Jonas takes the news?

He'll make some philosophical comment about it no doubt.

Is this communist Russia circa 1930 or what? Collective punishment, nice.

+1 on this. Granted, Joey's taken the boss-bashing a bit too far, but a blanket ban on twitter for everybody on the team is very harsh. What's next, having their phone lines tapped?

Fwiw the Lee ryder article is a load of horse shit spread by the arseholes to justify giving him a free transfer imho.

Honest to god wish we had a journalist with some balls at Thompson house who isnt afraid to get on the wrong side of the bastards and make the articles a bit more interesting .

The local press need NUFC far more.

Just look at the last couple of days. Ashley just about has SSN in his pocket.

EDIT: Not that i'm trying to justify it. Ryder is cowardly scum, perfect for the job.

Dave - NUFC need the local press - it's up to the latter to show some balls instead of sycophantic agenda driven rubbish.

I totally agree, I just think it's unlikely. Isn't it pretty much accepted that newspaper sales/revenues are falling generally? They just won't risk pissing anyone off.

Guest Craig-NUFC

If a local paper that is already struggling to stay in business no longer gets any NUFC news, then a large proportion of its readership will stop buying the paper and they'll have to shut it down. If NUFC don't have the local press, they'll carry on running business as usual. They'll just find another source to say what they want to say.

You could argue that if NUFC didn't bother with the local press, then they are further alienating supporters and questions would then have to be asked. I'd like The Journal or The Chron to show some balls, but it's not gonna happen. At least Total Sport allowed views from both sides of the fence during Tues night's show.

"Barton may have manfully battled both his addictions and his anger, and even his most venomous critics have to note a more than passing attempt to build on the wreckage of a shockingly violent past, but there is not much point in dismissing the possibility of fresh examples of recidivism."

I would have said that before he punched someone in the middle of a match last season.