Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has this not been picked up on SSN yet? Not seen it mentioned once, when normally they'd be all over this like spunk on tits. Is this just the majority of football in a collective 'ignore him and he shall go away' attempt? Excluding of course Lineker. :lol:

As a sidenote, it's amazing how an opinion can change on a player when they're not one of yours. I've never been his biggest fan but I thought he was OK when he played for us and didn't mind him, now I think he's a complete div and am irritated by pretty much everything he says.

Tbh I liked him when he was here and when he left, it was clear he was a bit of an opinionated nutcase and his whole Twitter account and image was PR driven, but I felt for him as everything he did would be scritinised to a ridiculous degree, it was always a bit lose-lose for him.

He seems to have decended even more at QPR though (since his latter season at Newcastle anyway), and it probably would have went the same way here this season, he clearly feels like he's been backed more and more into a wall and for some daft reason he keeps trying to take everyone on, when all he needed to do was just delete twitter and lay low, instead he keeps thrusting himself back into the limelight and looking a tit.

I bet he now know's how Joan of Arc felt.

Really riles me when anyone says anything bad about Shearer, I feel like one of his guardian angels :lol:

Great player on the pitch, like a wet weekend in Whitley Bay off it.

In the public eye, yes. From all accounts I've read, Shearer was a proper good laugh .

As a sidenote, it's amazing how an opinion can change on a player when they're not one of yours. I've never been his biggest fan but I thought he was OK when he played for us and didn't mind him, now I think he's a complete div and am irritated by pretty much everything he says.

Tbh I liked him when he was here and when he left, it was clear he was a bit of an opinionated nutcase and his whole Twitter account and image was PR driven, but I felt for him as everything he did would be scritinised to a ridiculous degree, it was always a bit lose-lose for him.

He seems to have decended even more at QPR though (since his latter season at Newcastle anyway), and it probably would have went the same way here this season, he clearly feels like he's been backed more and more into a wall and for some daft reason he keeps trying to take everyone on, when all he needed to do was just delete twitter and lay low, instead he keeps thrusting himself back into the limelight and looking a tit.

I bet he now know's how Joan of Arc felt.

:iamatwat:

Really riles me when anyone says anything bad about Shearer, I feel like one of his guardian angels :lol:

In the public eye, yes. From all accounts I've read, Shearer was a proper good laugh .

See Elevation

Gillespie might disagree with that like :lol:

Gillespie might disagree with that like :lol:

Aye, putting him in an illustrious group that includes Joey Barton and Craig Bellamy. :hmm:

Guest johnson293

Has Lineker responded yet?

Nah, but I'd guess his legal advisers are all over it before he does.

He may finally have gone too far this time. It's hard to see how he'll retain the confidence and support of his team-mates, let alone the management at QPR. I can't imagine that there will then be any clubs of any standing willing to take him on.

Threatening to reveal details of someone's private life in retaliation for criticism about your behaviour on the pitch is really low. The bloke just doesn't get it.

Great opportunity for Mark Hughes here. Sometimes as a manager you need something like this to crop us so you can stomp your authority on a squad.

If I was Hughes I'd flog him and send a message out to all those at the club.

Would have thought he'd go to WHU until David Gold randomly started abusing him :lol:

:lol: It was just too tempting to abuse him, I never post on Twitter but I doubled my Tweet count last night trying to wind the daft fucker up.

Having a go a Shearer coz he retired from International football..... pretty fucking desperate that.

He's lost it, if he wasnt a professional footaller he would almost defo be in the slammer.