Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

You wouldn't have thought 3 years ago Joey Barton would be doing talk-ins with every fan hanging on to his every word and him being many peoples favourite player.

I've always said for me personally, I can relate to somebody like your Joey Barton over your Frank Lampards etc every day of the week.

You wouldn't have thought 3 years ago Joey Barton would be doing talk-ins with every fan hanging on to his every word and him being many peoples favourite player.

I've always said for me personally, I can relate to somebody like your Joey Barton over your Frank Lampards etc every day of the week.

Lampard actually comes across as a top bloke from what i've seen and im not quite sure what your reference to him means? I remember  a while back some dickhead dj was calling him a cunt for leaving his missus and his child with nothing, Lampard then phoned up the show and tore in the dickhead dj.

Such an honest person, growing into one of my all time favourite players, hope he stays at the club for a long, long time. Like someone else said, would never have thought it'd come to this with Joey Barton.

Wouldn't go that far, fucking hell. :lol:

Lampard actually comes across as a top bloke from what i've seen and im not quite sure what your reference to him means? I remember  a while back some dickhead dj was calling him a cunt for leaving his missus and his child with nothing, Lampard then phoned up the show and tore in the dickhead dj.

Lampard seems a canny bloke don't get me wrong, it was possibly a bad example, I just meant with Barton being a working class lad, who has had several problems throughout his life.

I'm far from condoning his actions in the past, I just hate the way everybody takes the moral high-ground with Barton, when I bet they know people who have committed far worse acts.

How many people on here can say they've never been in bother when they've been out on the drink?

Said that he'd been offered 1/3rd of his current contract and not heard anything from them since. Said Llambias told him the deal was 'non negotiable'. Said Ashley is actually a decent fella.

He mentioned he was willing to take a pay cut, because he knows people aren't getting paid what they used to at NUFC, but such a monster cut was really taking the p*ss considering he feels he's playing the best football of his career.

Doesn't have a problem with Shearer at the moment, and they had banter at a party round Harpers. Said at Liverpool Shearer accused him of being a coward and deliberately trying to hurt Xabi Alonso, which is why the fall out happened.

Mentioned that after the Leyton Orient game they had the famous "team meeting" where "Some of them said they thought they were too good to play in the Championship, which is funny because they were the c***s who took the club down". Mentioned Martins and Bassong specifically. Also said Duff was all up for staying at NUFC in the championship, but his missis wanted to move to London and he had to go with her.

Had a cheeky dig at Martins (well, I presume it was him) "Some c***s sign for a team and play one game and win a cup, they havent really won it, have you? You need to play every game"

Said the Carroll deal was great for NUFC as long as we "go and spend the f***ing money" in the summer.

If he could sign anyone in the league it'd be Luka Modric.

Said he was speaking to Puma about the home kit because he's sick of people (mentioned jermaine defoe in particular) ripping the p*ss out of the way he wears his shorts.

Finally said that he wasn't leaving NUFC this summer, even if the club try to sell him.

:smitten:

Aye, only because he didn't have the chance to take us down. Being sat in the stands on a suspension IIRC :lol:

Lampard actually comes across as a top bloke from what i've seen and im not quite sure what your reference to him means? I remember  a while back some dickhead dj was calling him a cunt for leaving his missus and his child with nothing, Lampard then phoned up the show and tore in the dickhead dj.

Lampard seems a canny bloke don't get me wrong, it was possibly a bad example, I just meant with Barton being a working class lad, who has had several problems throughout his life.

I'm far from condoning his actions in the past, I just hate the way everybody takes the moral high-ground with Barton, when I bet they know people who have committed far worse acts.

How many people on here can say they've never been in bother when they've been out on the drink?

Spot on with that line like. Total hypocrisy for the most part.

I haven't :smug:

Let's not get too naive here. A player coming into the final year of his contract knows that he can ask for an inflated wage at the end of the year from any interested club because they won't have to pay a transfer fee. Barton's comment that he won't agree to go even if the club wants to sell him has to be seen in that light.

As for the 'I've only been offered a third of my current salary', we don't know what is offered in terms of bonuses for the team's performance. A lot of players seem to have been happy to sign up to Ashley's contracts so let's hang fire on this one.

He is my favourite player for us. Not just for his skill on the pitch but the fact that he seems to really tried to battle his demons off the field. He also speaks so intelligently about the game. I remember sticking up for the bloke on here and getting ripped to shreads for it. Makes me even more pleased to see him doing well and changing people's opinions of him.

He's one of our most important players now, but let's not forget the past.

He can play the moral high ground all he likes, but he was about as much use as those "c***s" who took us down in those final games.

I was there last night and he came across very well.

With regards to the new contract, he said that he had been offered one a third of his current one which was turned down but the club did come back with an improved one which he had agreed in principle but they then moved the goalposts so it has now been put back  until the end of the season.

He did say he has no intention of leaving but then I guess he may not have much say about that in the end.

The Puma strip bit was funny - came from a question from the audience about the way he wears his shorts. 

He seemed positive about Pardew which I found reassuring.

Let's not get too naive here. A player coming into the final year of his contract knows that he can ask for an inflated wage at the end of the year from any interested club because they won't have to pay a transfer fee. Barton's comment that he won't agree to go even if the club wants to sell him has to be seen in that light.

As for the 'I've only been offered a third of my current salary', we don't know what is offered in terms of bonuses for the team's performance. A lot of players seem to have been happy to sign up to Ashley's contracts so let's hang fire on this one.

The club stopped bonus payments for the players a while back.

The club stopped bonus payments for the players a while back.

There was something uttered in the press to that regard, but we have no way of knowing if that impacted in any way on actual negotiations.

You are all over the shop defending your pals Mike & Del.

A player coming into the final year of his contract knows that he can ask for an inflated wage at the end of the year from any interested club because they won't have to pay a transfer fee.

Barton has made clear he is willing to take a pay cut

As for the 'I've only been offered a third of my current salary', we don't know what is offered in terms of bonuses for the team's performance.

So do you reckon Barton has went out of his way to mislead people by not mentioning bonuses. I don't.

A lot of players seem to have been happy to sign up to Ashley's contracts
Any of the big hitters? Jose = NO. Barton = No. Once AC knew his value had increased it was also a no.

Such an honest person, growing into one of my all time favourite players, hope he stays at the club for a long, long time. Like someone else said, would never have thought it'd come to this with Joey Barton.

Wouldn't go that far, f***ing hell. :lol:

Only been a fan for about 12-13 years, apart from Bobby's team, there haven't been too many players to grow fond of.  :thdn:

Seriously, every single line of that is awesome.  :lol:

I wouldn't say it's particularly awesome that we're offering such a pitiful deal that he's unhappy with.

At least Wallace's account puts that offer just as a starting point in the negotiations and an agreement was pretty much there, and could well be there in the summer bar some dancing.

Good to get another view of the talk in. :thup:

I think you are going a bit too far the other way thespence. As said Ben Arfa, Tiote and Taylor would have settled for peanuts.

I know it's easier to think Ashley = complete tosser, Barton = speaks well, having a very good season. So it's obvious Barton is being completely honest and we are offering him a pitiful contract but I'm not sure it's so black and white.

Newcastle is definitely a confusing place under Ashley but he gives himself enough rope to hang himself, the more rope people add the more likely the chair will be kicked away and he will just land comfortably on the floor ;)

For a player who is too slow to be in demand at any top club I'm surprised Barton is holding out for a bigger pay packet while at the same time saying he won't be forced out of Newcastle. Where will he go then?

For a player who is too slow to be in demand at any top club I'm surprised Barton is holding out for a bigger pay packet while at the same time saying he won't be forced out of Newcastle. Where will he go then?

I think there are 14 (maybe 15, Spurs is questionable) Premiership sides that would be very willing to employ Mr. Barton. He'll not match his current wage at any club, though.

Barton won't leave with a year on his contract because A/ he won't get the same wages elsewhere and it means he'd end up worse off financially for 12 months and B/ because if he leaves on a free at the end of next season he can get a big signing on fee and probably increased wages elsewhere.

even if B doesnt happen, there's always a chance that, at some point before he leaves, he agrees a new contract with us. from his point of view, everything points toward him staying. however i'd imagine the club will be doing what they can to shift him in the summer, it's their last chance to get a fee for him.

We have to go backwards to go forwards.

Going to piss us off to no-end in the short-term, but we can't continue to have people on ridiculous contracts.

You can use the examples of your Smiths, Nolans all you like, but the fact of the matter is when their current deal expires they won't be getting another deal close to what they signed.