Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anyone go?  Some interesting bits and bobs, spoilt by his agent/mate/protector:

Most interesting thing was that he's apparently been offered a derisory contract by the club - 1/3 of his current salary.  He does say he wants to stay and has no intentions of leaving, so fingers crossed on that one.  He also seems to have a good opinion of Mr Ashley, but reading between the lines he doesn't think much of Llambias.

As feared/suspected/expected.

Aye. I do wonder if he'll be here next season, if he won't sign then the club will surely look to sell whilst his remaining value is at its highest.

Just about no chance in my view.

Seems to have forgotten we've been paying him 60k-ish a week for years and, until recently, he gave nothing back but negative headlines and generally poor performances when he wasnt injured.

It's time for him to show us the loyalty we showed him.

Said that he'd been offered 1/3rd of his current contract and not heard anything from them since. Said Llambias told him the deal was 'non negotiable'. Said Ashley is actually a decent fella.

He mentioned he was willing to take a pay cut, because he knows people aren't getting paid what they used to at NUFC, but such a monster cut was really taking the p*ss considering he feels he's playing the best football of his career.

Doesn't have a problem with Shearer at the moment, and they had banter at a party round Harpers. Said at Liverpool Shearer accused him of being a coward and deliberately trying to hurt Xabi Alonso, which is why the fall out happened.

Mentioned that after the Leyton Orient game they had the famous "team meeting" where "Some of them said they thought they were too good to play in the Championship, which is funny because they were the c***s who took the club down". Mentioned Martins and Bassong specifically. Also said Duff was all up for staying at NUFC in the championship, but his missis wanted to move to London and he had to go with her.

Had a cheeky dig at Martins (well, I presume it was him) "Some c***s sign for a team and play one game and win a cup, they havent really won it, have you? You need to play every game"

Said the Carroll deal was great for NUFC as long as we "go and spend the f***ing money" in the summer.

If he could sign anyone in the league it'd be Luka Modric.

Said he was speaking to Puma about the home kit because he's sick of people (mentioned jermaine defoe in particular) ripping the p*ss out of the way he wears his shorts.

Finally said that he wasn't leaving NUFC this summer, even if the club try to sell him.

Seriously, every single line of that is awesome.  :lol:

I wouldn't say it's particularly awesome that we're offering such a pitiful deal that he's unhappy with.

I mean his general attitude.

I'm obviously not cock-a-hoop over that.

Some interesting comments from him posted on Toontastic. Doesn't make particularly great reading. :undecided:

Pleased to see it, that was the 'just about' I was hoping for. Would love him to show them up as and when they start pulling moves this Summer.

Some interesting comments from him posted on Toontastic. Doesn't make particularly great reading. :undecided:

Which bit like? Apart from the 1/3 of his salary there's nowt negative in there IMO.

Well the salary thing is the most important part, particularly if the club aren't willing to negotiate on it as he says. The way he said he wants to stay 'even if the club try to sell him' suggests to me that he thinks they might. IMO his opinion will soon change if so. Also, the thing about spending the Carroll money doesn't read to me like he's convinced it will be spent.

I've openly admitted I'm very cynical about things at present so it might be just me reading too much into it all, but I can see this getting messy in the summer and it wouldn't surprise me if Barton goes.

Pleased to see it, that was the 'just about' I was hoping for. Would love him to show them up as and when they start pulling moves this Summer.

I can't see him keeping his mouth shut if stuff does go on. He does like to voice his opinion. I remember that rant/interview he did on the radio when at City about something or other.

Guest toonlass

He is my favourite player for us. Not just for his skill on the pitch but the fact that he seems to really tried to battle his demons off the field. He also speaks so intelligently about the game. I remember sticking up for the bloke on here and getting ripped to shreads for it. Makes me even more pleased to see him doing well and changing people's opinions of him.

Said that he'd been offered 1/3rd of his current contract and not heard anything from them since. Said Llambias told him the deal was 'non negotiable'. Said Ashley is actually a decent fella.

He mentioned he was willing to take a pay cut, because he knows people aren't getting paid what they used to at NUFC, but such a monster cut was really taking the p*ss considering he feels he's playing the best football of his career.

Doesn't have a problem with Shearer at the moment, and they had banter at a party round Harpers. Said at Liverpool Shearer accused him of being a coward and deliberately trying to hurt Xabi Alonso, which is why the fall out happened.

Mentioned that after the Leyton Orient game they had the famous "team meeting" where "Some of them said they thought they were too good to play in the Championship, which is funny because they were the c***s who took the club down". Mentioned Martins and Bassong specifically. Also said Duff was all up for staying at NUFC in the championship, but his missis wanted to move to London and he had to go with her.

Had a cheeky dig at Martins (well, I presume it was him) "Some c***s sign for a team and play one game and win a cup, they havent really won it, have you? You need to play every game"

Said the Carroll deal was great for NUFC as long as we "go and spend the f***ing money" in the summer.

If he could sign anyone in the league it'd be Luka Modric.

Said he was speaking to Puma about the home kit because he's sick of people (mentioned jermaine defoe in particular) ripping the p*ss out of the way he wears his shorts.

Finally said that he wasn't leaving NUFC this summer, even if the club try to sell him.

:smitten:

Torn on his wages tbh, £30k is a bit low but £60k is far too much. It's still only one good season from him and it's not like there isn't potential for him to go off the rails again.

He is right, he is playing his best football but 75% of his time here he was playing (or not playing ) his worst.