Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I agree I think its more to do with trying to accommodate who Hughton see's as better players.. He wants Barton and Nolan both to play and when he chooses to play two strikers then Routledge will miss out.

I would like to see Jonas right Routledge left not for a full 90 but swapping over can help change a game.

However as Joey put in two great crosses I can see Hughton  ticking with Barton Tiote Nolan Jonas

At the end of the day Barton delivered 2 crosses in 1 game which created 2 goals, if my memomory serves me correctly Routlege has 1 assist, and that was his pass to Ben Arfa (who then fucked about for a further 5 minutes before deciding he was going to rip the everton net).

Routlege obviosly offers more of a direct threat than Barton (when he has the confidance to run at people) but thats all he brings, Barton has a much better delivery and offers much better defensive cover to our quite shambolic selection of right backs.

Guest firetotheworks

I want Routledge to play at the moment purely on balance, and the positive effect it has on Jonas' game. Tbf, it worked for us on Saturday with both of the goals coming from the right side. Routledge either needs a kick up the arse, an arm around his shoulder or extra time practising his crosses, because you can see he's got it in him.

I think a consistant Joey Barton could be a massive asset to our club. I beleive he has changed his ways, and his trying to do his talking on the football pitch ( i will prob have to wait until after sunday, as i expect him and cattermole to collide ). But there are little bits of quality, i.e his cross for carroll against Wolves, and on saturday to expect he can pull off game changing moments. I always expect 100% commitment from him also, which never fails to please.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The way he responded to the hammering in the Wolves game was a big day for him IMO. It was the first concrete thing he did to show that he might have finally done what he's been saying he's done for ages - grown up.

And the coin chucking at him from the West Ham suppoters behind the goal, he handled that well.

The way he responded to the hammering in the Wolves game was a big day for him IMO. It was the first concrete thing he did to show that he might have finally done what he's been saying he's done for ages - grown up.

And the coin chucking at him from the West Ham suppoters behind the goal, he handled that well.

Missed that. When?

Guest neesy111

Major part of the 2nd half domination was Barton not drifting in-side, as he was doing it often in the 1st Half leaving Danny Simpson exposed at RB.

Guest firetotheworks

Missed that. When?

About 80mins iirc, just told them to calm down.  :lol: