Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

in interviews he seems intelligent, witty and likeable. I remember that interview he did for Inside sport and I was totally surprised by how well he came across.

He came across as an egocentric prick. So what if he could string two words together unlike most footballers?

"I always knew I had a higher calling.". David Icke territory, imo.

You mark my words, he'll be on the Johnathon Ross show in ten year's time saying he's going to save the world.

What a totally stupid comment, and way to altogether miss my point. All i said was that, whilst he's our best player, he can't be regarded as our most important player cos of various reasons - i highlighted the injury situation. You highlighted the jail-time, so thanks for strengthening my point.

Guest firetotheworks

Id still like to have this questioned answered:

When has he ever shown anything to suggest that he is the best player at the club?

What a totally stupid comment, and way to altogether miss my point. All i said was that, whilst he's our best player, he can't be regarded as our most important player cos of various reasons - i highlighted the injury situation. You highlighted the jail-time, so thanks for strengthening my point.

:lol: give over

You said hes constantly injured, more so than even Owen & thats why you wouldnt class him as our most important player. Which suggests that you think he'll have similar issues in the future doesnt it.

Are you now trying to say you think hes not our most important player because its very likely he'll be sent to jail for assault again?

Strange opinion to me personally, no need to get sensative about it.

Guest firetotheworks

When he kicks a football.

you mean either one of his simple passes to the wing that Guthrie does all the time too?

:lol: give over

You said hes constantly injured, more so than even Owen & thats why you wouldnt class him as our most important player. Which suggests that you think he'll have similar issues in the future doesnt it.

Are you now trying to say you think hes not our most important player because its very likely he'll be sent to jail for assault again?

Strange opinion to me personally, no need to get sensative about it.

Sensitive? :lol: I said it was a stupid comment cos you're talking out of your arse. He's always injured, hence my comment - 'he's injured a lot'. He's totally unreliable, that's my point. And to the bolded bit, aye, i think it'll be an issue in the future, yeah. He got injured months ago away at Man City. In his second start following that injury, he went off with an injury; that was Saturday. Incidentally, in his first start he got sent off (v Liverpool).

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Yorkie has a deep inner hatred of heterosexuals which is probably the driving force behind his dislike of most of our squad members other than Xisco

you mean either one of his simple passes to the wing that Guthrie does all the time too?

He can do the simple stuff but he is also one of the very few players we have who has the vision to pick a pass that splits the opposition defence. Because he's been out of action so much we've not often seen him at his best. He was getting there under Keegan although playing out of position. You are obviously not convinced that Barton is the club's best player. So who is your nomination?

He can do the simple stuff but he is also one of the very few players we have who has the vision to pick a pass that splits the opposition defence. Because he's been out of action so much we've not often seen him at his best. He was getting there under Keegan although playing out of position. You are obviously not convinced that Barton is the club's best player. So who is your nomination?

A brilliant example of his vision and passing was when we played Liverpool, and he put Lovenkrands through one-on-one with a beautiful little dink pass, something Guthrie could only dream of doing.

I'd say Enrique has proven himself to be a better player even taking into account Barton's form at Man City.

I'd say Enrique has proven himself to be a better player even taking into account Barton's form at Man City.

Still young and improving, has pace and it was good to see him stick in a killer cross on Saturday. But too often he pumps long balls to no one and at Premiership level he frequently looked out of his depth imo.

Barton is obviously the most talented midfielder in this squad, he just needs to get through a season playing a good number of games for this to be any use to Newcastle. On his wages we can't afford for him to miss as many games as he has for the last two years. So far he has been nowt but a liability, and until he actually gets through a season without any major incidents I would reserve any backing for him. He's in the team, it's as good a time as any to prove it.

Guest Phil K

If Barton gets his head down, cuts out the rush of blood to the head occasions, he can be the lynchpin for Newcastle and re-write his reputation.

But will he ? Perhaps giving him responsibilty on the field would do it. Can you imagine the furore against us if we give him the captains armband ? :kasper: