Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I thought he was fucking majestic today.  Whether he can hold it together until the end of the season without his head bursting again we'll just have to wait and see but more performances like today and no front page headlines = everybody's happy.

Was he good enough for Wullie to praise him though? ;)

:thup:  Best game in black and white for me, I thought he was superb. Some of his long range passes were unbelievable. Much prefer him in a slightly wider role as Tiote and Nolan are much better at keeping possession which is my main problem with him.

In pure football terms the best player we've got - anyone with a pair of eyes could see that.

Some of the posts on this thread early doors this season BTW  :facepalm:

Er, he'd been largely total horseshit prior to West Ham.

That's rubbish, man. He was mainly brilliant up until the Stoke game.

:thup:  This.

Can't believe how bad some people are talking about Barton.

Whenever he's been on the pitch for us he was a very good player for us - of course he won't be able to produce a performance like he did yesterday all the time, but every player has a poor game here and there.

And even if he had a poor game he still often wasn't worse than the rest of our midfield.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

People slam him for losing possession with his passing, but he's the only one in the team who thinks of any creative balls played in behind the defence, or with angles out to the flanks. He's been trying it all season, and obviously some games it pays off more than others. What they don't mention is the amount of ground he covers, and has started to fill the role of linking all the other players together, which is something we've lacked for a while. He's always available off the ball.

Think it's no coincidence that our worst display this season came when him and Tiote had their worst performances of the season. Technically him on the right shouldn't work but somehow it does.

I still think it made us a bit too narrow yesterday, but to be fair he had probably been allowed to tuck in to counter Sunderland's extra man in midifeld.

Best game for the Toon by a long shot slowly but surely looking like he belongs in the shirt ,clearly enjoying his football and as long as he can keep his temper at bay during our bad patches that will come along .He is a clever ,intelligent lad who is repaying the majoritys faith in him  :clap:

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

I knew by his escapades joey barton

but since seeing him play several games

It really is impressive

What work at midfield

je connaissais joey barton par ses frasques

mais le voir jouer depuis plusieur match

il est vraiment impréssionnant

quel travail au milieux de terrain

I knew by his escapades joey barton

but since seeing him play several games

It really is impressive