Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3679570/Mario-Balotellis-T-shirt-of-shame.html

MARIO BALOTELLI was condemned by a leading anti-knife campaign group last night - after turning up for training wearing a T-shirt that glorifies violence.

Manchester City's Italian striker started the new season yesterday just as he finished the last one - at the centre of controversy.

His top showed a pistol, machine gun, knife and a girl's bleeding mouth and earned him a warning to start behaving like an adult.

Gary Trowsdale, managing director of the Damilola Taylor Trust, said: "This kind of thing is reprehensible but it doesn't surprise me.

"Not long ago we heard about Nile Ranger of Newcastle holding a gun for a photo on Facebook. Then there's been Joey Barton's behaviour.

Eh?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3679570/Mario-Balotellis-T-shirt-of-shame.html

MARIO BALOTELLI was condemned by a leading anti-knife campaign group last night - after turning up for training wearing a T-shirt that glorifies violence.

Manchester City's Italian striker started the new season yesterday just as he finished the last one - at the centre of controversy.

His top showed a pistol, machine gun, knife and a girl's bleeding mouth and earned him a warning to start behaving like an adult.

Gary Trowsdale, managing director of the Damilola Taylor Trust, said: "This kind of thing is reprehensible but it doesn't surprise me.

"Not long ago we heard about Nile Ranger of Newcastle holding a gun for a photo on Facebook. Then there's been Joey Barton's behaviour.

Eh?

Any reason to have a go at Barton really despite not having done anything wrong since his time in prison.

I just think Joey's pride has been hurt. He was bigging himself up as a great English midfield player and, along with Nolan, as the guardian of the spirit that had taken our club out of the doldrums. By not offering him a contract, the club has effectively told him that he's not that great, and there doesn't seem to be any interest either from clubs that he considers worthy of his talents.

He's turned it all into some master plan of going for a Bosman, but the reality is he's suffered a slap-down. Hence the need to feed off the love of his supporters via Twitter.

Nolan faced up to the situation and got himself the best possible alternative. Joey is stubborn and still thinks he can win.

My worry is what will happen this season if he turns up like he's still the big noise and other players don't see him that way.

I just think Joey's pride has been hurt. He was bigging himself up as a great English midfield player and, along with Nolan, as the guardian of the spirit that had taken our club out of the doldrums. By not offering him a contract, the club has effectively told him that he's not that great, and there doesn't seem to be any interest either from clubs that he considers worthy of his talents.

He's turned it all into some master plan of going for a Bosman, but the reality is he's suffered a slap-down. Hence the need to feed off the love of his supporters via Twitter.

Nolan faced up to the situation and got himself the best possible alternative. Joey is stubborn and still thinks he can win.

My worry is what will happen this season if he turns up like he's still the big noise and other players don't see him that way.

I think he's looking at it from a purely financial angle personally. A Bosman means a bigger signing on fee from his next club.

Guest Howaythetoon

"Last tune before bed, driving in ur car oh please don't drop me home, so apt right  now.... u know the rest. Back to the Toon in the am"

Perhaps I'm over analysing this but that to me sounds like a dig at returning back to Newcastle or that he's disappointed to be returning to a club he wants away from. The please don't drop me home bit and how he says its so apt right now bit in particular.

Me, i sort of like Barton as a charachter, he's like me in many ways, come from a rough background and has done well and isn't some idiot, he's also done some bad things in the past and seems to be trying to recover and move on, again I am or was the same, so in that kind of way, I have a bit of affection for him. As a player he's decent and had a good season last year. But in an ideal world, were I manager, I'd deam him a decent squad player but not someone I'd want starting every week, I'd be looking to improve on him and believe we can do so without spending top dollar either, so in that sense I wouldn't mind seeming him leave should we bring in such a player.

On top of that though, which would seal his fate with me, I'd not like to lose him on a free so I'd actually pursue selling him now and try and get as much as we can for him even if its a lowly price of say 2m. Better than nowt, plus his wages could free up extra cash to go towards funding his rfeplacement.

I think Barton would like to stay but is demanding too much without knowing the full details, I think he's wanting more years than he'll be worth and probably assurances about being an automatic starter which I think Pardew's quotes about fringe players recently perhaps hint to.

I wouldn't be too unhappy were he to stay here even if its for one final season though as he's a decent player and we need as many of those as we can get. Just not at any expense though.

This is a tough one for the club and Pardew like and could be a contentious issue.

"Last tune before bed, driving in ur car oh please don't drop me home, so apt right  now.... u know the rest. Back to the Toon in the am"

Perhaps I'm over analysing this but that to me sounds like a dig at returning back to Newcastle or that he's disappointed to be returning to a club he wants away from. The please don't drop me home bit and how he says its so apt right now bit in particular.

Me, i sort of like Barton as a charachter, he's like me in many ways, come from a rough background and has done well and isn't some idiot, he's also done some bad things in the past and seems to be trying to recover and move on, again I am or was the same, so in that kind of way, I have a bit of affection for him. As a player he's decent and had a good season last year. But in an ideal world, were I manager, I'd deam him a decent squad player but not someone I'd want starting every week, I'd be looking to improve on him and believe we can do so without spending top dollar either, so in that sense I wouldn't mind seeming him leave should we bring in such a player.

On top of that though, which would seal his fate with me, I'd not like to lose him on a free so I'd actually pursue selling him now and try and get as much as we can for him even if its a lowly price of say 2m. Better than nowt, plus his wages could free up extra cash to go towards funding his rfeplacement.

I think Barton would like to stay but is demanding too much without knowing the full details, I think he's wanting more years than he'll be worth and probably assurances about being an automatic starter which I think Pardew's quotes about fringe players recently perhaps hint to.

I wouldn't be too unhappy were he to stay here even if its for one final season though as he's a decent player and we need as many of those as we can get. Just not at any expense though.

This is a tough one for the club and Pardew like and could be a contentious issue.

Where you from like, Darras Hall?

"Last tune before bed, driving in ur car oh please don't drop me home, so apt right  now.... u know the rest. Back to the Toon in the am"

Judging from Pardew's comments, he still rates Joey very much as a player. He's hopeful that, if Joey keeps his nose clean and turns in some good performances, the owner will offer him another contract and some compromise can be reached. Pardew is effectively trying to act as a go-between.

I don't think he'll succeed. Firstly, I think he's underestimating the damage Joey did to his standing with Ashley by all these comments he's been making over the last six months about other players, the England manager, the club strategy etc etc Unfortunately, Joey's reaction to all this has been to behave in an even more headstrong manner, like some teenager who wants to prove to authority that he 'doesn't care'. I blame Pardew a bit for this, because he should have nipped all this in the bud.

Pardew's second problem is how Joey will handle the situation with the other players. He won't like being marginalised and is going to want to make his presence felt one way or another. Pardew may fancy that Joey will listen to him and take advice, but he may be over-estimating his influence.

Guest WashyGeordie

Yep, you over analysed it - it was about his haircut.  :lol: :nope:

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Sitting on the train next to loudest man on his phone in the world, what a tit..........hope he gets off soon fingers x

Where are you going , wherreeeeeeeeeeeeee?

A very good question. :shifty: